The Creative Director guides creative strategy and execution for projects across a spectrum of diverse clients. The Creative Director works directly with both our Accounts and Delivery teams to ensure key design opportunities are pitched and executed with the optimal creative approach. This role requires working hand-in-hand with client stakeholders to define project strategies, establish common language around design, develop design principles, generate thorough creative briefs, and direct production team members in executing cohesive, award-winning design.
This is a work-from-home position with an expectation of frequent travel to local client meetings (in Seattle). Other travel will include flying to remote client pitches or onsite kickoffs. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Experience Design.
- Take responsibility for the creative design vision from concept to completion
- Translate client objectives and audience needs into clear creative strategies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, especially User Experience Design, Front-End Engineering, Project Management, and Web Strategy to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Produce comprehensive creative briefs to help guide design execution and obtain explicit approval from key stakeholders at key project stages
- Ensure UX specifications, marketing/communication messaging, accessibility requirements, and brand standards meet or exceed expectations in design deliverables
- Lead the design portion of client pitches and proposals for key opportunities
- Facilitate effective remote and onsite design reviews, workshops, and presentations
- Work with Client Delivery to identify and assign the right creative staff to projects
- Coach and oversee Visual Designers and other creative production staff
- Support and direct design subcontractors, as necessary
- Active role in leading design vision within sales opportunities
- Meet with clients and prospects in person to gather requirements and/or run design workshops