Posted about 1 year ago
350.org is seeking a senior Salesforce professional to lead our investment in the Salesforce platform, as part of a coordinated Product Team dedicated to providing the right tools at the right time, and to empowering 350 staff to use them for maximum possible impact in the world.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values that guide and drive our work are listed here.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We're committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the Product Team:
The Product Team at 350.org is a new unit formed to better support our amazing community of campaigners and volunteers throughout the world via technology, and we're seeking both strategy and tactical-minded professionals to join this team in its first stages of development. That means not just people who are great technologists, but strategic thinkers who can help us build, integrate and continue to innovate systems to be used across the organisation. Are you looking for a dynamic, creative team that is evolving to better support activists doing incredible work?
About the position:
Currently 350 uses CiviCRM, and will be moving to Salesforce. So the ideal candidate has the ability and enthusiasm to learn the ins and outs of either platform, pursue the continuous improvement of that platform, and support their colleagues in getting the most out of it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Leadership
- Manage and support the CRM team in its mission to strongly support staff to learn and use the system effectively, to prioritize high value fixes and improvements, and to maintain system and data integrity.
- Seek out and gather the evolving needs of the organisation concerning the CRM and synthesize these needs into an ever-evolving product roadmap.
- Engage in extensive communication with staff and executive leaders to understand priorities and effectively communicate key choices and team capabilities.
- Oversee the customisation and adoption of Salesforce for several organisational teams around the globe, as well as the migration of a handful of teams from an existing CiviCRM system.
- Oversee healthy change management processes related to system adoption.
- Engage and manage a healthy relationship with external experts to bring necessary skills to the table.
- Create, manage, and advocate for budget to allow for team growth and for technology/development costs.
- Prioritize the ongoing work of the CRM team and external resources.
- Work closely with other members of the CRM team, the Product Team, and colleagues across the organization to arrive at smart, long term-oriented decisions, and cover all of the many disparate areas required for effective management of the platform and staff use of it.
- Engage in strategic thinking and planning about processes, vision, and improvements.
- When appropriate, execute under-the-hood configurations in Salesforce, workflow automation, data health checks, technical adjustments and improvements that are appropriate to be handled in-house.
- Execute, and where appropriate train others to execute, data integrity audits and cleanups, as well as data imports and exports. Monitor data quality on an ongoing basis to identify issues before they become major problems.
- Carry out and oversee quality assurance testing.
- Project manage / coordinate development requests being executed by external experts.
- Manage and participate extensively in the work of data cleanup and migration.
- Research and oversee research of best practices and become and expert where needed on third party integrated tools.
- Drive and oversee the migration of any and all data currently residing in legacy systems and spreadsheets into Salesforce.
- 3-5 years of Salesforce architecture and administration experience preferred but related experience will be considered.
- Additional languages to English
- Experience working in a remote, distributed team
- Experience working in a multicultural organisation
- Experience working for a non-profit organisation
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: Full time
Although we hope to begin interviews during the week of August 1st, this job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
As soon as possible (flexible)
competitive compensation based on experience. All salaries will be localized to your country of residence.
gross annual salary at 100% commitment
KES 5,766,00 gross annual salary at 100% commitment
BRL 288,300 gross annual salary at 100% commitment
Flexible - Remote
Instead of writing a cover letter, please submit your answers to these questions:
1. How did you get into CRM related work?
- In your experience, what is required for an organisation to successfully adopt a new CRM system? What would be an indicator of success?
- If you can imagine managing a team focused on Salesforce (or have managed one in the past), what are your thoughts about duties or tasks you might -- and might not -- want to delegate?
- What are your thoughts about Trailhead as a resource?
- Based on the job description, what would you anticipate being a key challenge someone might face in this role?
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at email@example.com with the subject line 'Hiring Feedback'.