Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of over 30 people, located across North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking a highly experienced strategic technologist to lead our growing development team. You will oversee our technical products including webapps, mobile apps, and API services to support the teaching, learning, and practice of TM as well as our infrastructure, business systems and online technology. You will be working closely with our app development team in Europe and our CIO / Director of Infrastructure. You will be advising the executive team on global IT strategy and guiding the development team in execution of the strategy. This role is remotely based and reports to the CEO who spends his time between the US East Coast and Europe.
You are a seasoned technologist who tackles complex problems with systems thinking and the big picture in mind. You have worked as a technology leader in multiple startups and have experience with global organisations. You have worked on both originating high level strategy and creating technology solutions to advance agreed strategies. You have the industry knowledge required to make high level decisions, hands-on experience managing an ambitious team of developers, and the experience to know which services and platforms should be implemented at the right time throughout the product lifecycle from monitoring, security, support and scalability.
- Lead technology strategy for the organisation
- Integrate technology strategy with overall strategy for the organisation, working as a key part of the senior leadership team
- Consult across the senior team and with other stakeholders outside of the organisation on strategy - exploring options and explaining solutions rooted in technology to meet the needs of stakeholders and to realise the opportunities of the organisation to have significant impact on the TM movement as a whole
- Translate technology strategy into projects and activities to be undertaken by the wider team
- Line manage other members of the technology team with a focus on coaching those team members
- Involvement in goal setting, tracking, and performance reviews across the technology team
- Involvement in hiring members of the technology team as well as other related roles in the organisation
Skills and Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience as an technology specialist within startups and global organisations
- Experience with deploying scalable cloud architecture solutions with particular focus on AWS services
- An understanding of the pros and cons of different front end technologies, specifically around the implementation of hybrid vs native mobile app solutions
- Experience in line management and high level decision making
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and coach developers, and grow and shape the team to meet the organisation’s growing demands
- Highly organised, strong work ethic, powerful internal drive, and commitment to achieving wins as a team
- Enthusiasm about the Transcendental Meditation® program and healthy living
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Experience working on enterprise software infrastructure and CRM a plus
- Able to oversee technical implications of global security and compliance requirements
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula combining median market rates with a discount on market rate of a certain percentage due to our non-profit status, and taking into account your cost of living due to where you are based (where MFI splits any saving due to cost of living adjustments with you).
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We place real importance on diversity and we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work. We also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete.
If you feel that you may not have all the skills and experience to apply? Please do consider applying, even if you think you fit only 50% of the Skills and Qualifications outlined above.