Posted 11 months ago
Customer Experience Specialist – Work from Home
REMOTE · United States
We produce the leading proofreading software for independent editors, proposal managers, medical writers, and publications teams. We believe human editors make the best editing decisions and they always will. We design software that helps people edit faster and better.
We’re a profitable, five-person company that works 100% remote. Our CEO is in New York, our developers are in the United Kingdom, and you can be anywhere in the US (as long as you can be at your desk by 9am Eastern).
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our employee number 6, you’ll have responsibility for:
- customer success
- technical support
- customer training
- renewal management
As the company’s ear to clients, you’ll also listen for, and keep track of, product development ideas. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility, so you must be able to work and get things done independently.
North America is our biggest market, but our audience is global. You’ll work East Coast USA hours, but have the flexibility to sometimes work early or late in order to help customers in Europe or Australia.
- You have five years of experience in customer success or support. You’re good at troubleshooting when users are stuck.
- You’re independent, extroverted, reliable and can work from home.
- You genuinely care about users. You want to ensure every customer has a positive experience.
- You have professional experience that involves writing or editing text. You write well; and you are passionate about quality of document preparation.
- You’re ready to work directly with a CEO.
- No one contacts technical support for fun. So you will always have an eye on delivering quality, frontline support quickly.
- You’ll run remote training sessions to help our users to discover and learn the advanced features of PerfectIt.
- You’ll collect feedback from customers and note it for our engineering team.
- You’ll prepare resources to help customers become familiar with all of PerfectIt’s features, this may include training videos and as well as travel to occasional conferences.
- You’ll help to build a community of users.
- You’ll use our CRM and customer lists to research users and identify customers that need assistance.
- You’ll manage renewals to ensure users continue as happy customers.
- Five years’ experience in customer success and support.
- At least one year working in an environment that includes writing or editing (e.g. proposals, articles, books, publications, reports, contracts).
- Ability to work from home on a PC with Windows.
- Advanced English, speaking, writing, and grammar.
We’re a European company that believes in a work-life balance (yes, really).
We’re sympathetic to the demands of family life and welcome applications from experienced professionals from all backgrounds who need to work flexibly.
- $50k – $60k salary (depending on experience).
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy).
- Five weeks of paid time off plus eight public holidays.
- Company-paid medical.
- Dental and 401k options available.