Customer Service Representative Claims – 1901326
Care, Compassion, and Service…. It’s what we do.
Interested? Ask us about our truly diverse and inclusive environment and tremendous community spirit.
As a Customer Care Representative on the Group Benefits team, your primary role is to provide excellent customer service by answering customer questions about disability and leave management claims. In this role, you’ll help our customers rebuild their lives and get back to work as soon as reasonably possible after an unexpected event happens. The Hartford will provide you with 6 weeks of paid training, as well as ongoing coaching and development to ensure your success.
This is a 100% Remote Position; representatives will work from home
- Start Date: June 24, 2019
- Training Hours/Days will be: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 Pacific Standard Time
- Post Training Hours will be: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 Pacific Standard Time
- Internet: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) your high speed cable or DSL service have minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/5Mbps and (2) your personal Internet modem be directly connected to the computer that The Hartford issues you. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
FOR A GLIMPSE OF WHAT THE JOB IS REALLY LIKE:
AS A CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE YOU WILL:
- Handle calls daily within a virtual contact center to discuss claim status and ensure compliance with policy provisions and state/federal regulations.
- Utilize active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and clearly understand a specific request or customer need, and then leverage the knowledge and resources to provide the appropriate solutions.
- Take ownership to ensure that we go above and beyond to service each caller’s needs, utilizing every touch point as an opportunity to build value and The Hartford brand.
- Commit to learning and developing, including a better understanding of The Hartford products and business lines, both as an individual and as part of the group.
- Act as a liaison with other departments to resolve problems.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Have a demonstrated background in customer service, insurance, retail, restaurant or a related field; 1+ years experience
- 1+ years experience working in a production driven role/environment
- You have the ability to multi-task; balancing both productivity and overall quality within established and measurable contact center metrics.
- You’re a good listener and find motivation in helping others.
- You’re an energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, and a positive attitude.
- You possess exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills and have a strong attention to detail.
- You have exceptional time management skills and are able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- High comfort level utilizing multiple systems and navigating through multiple screens.
- Understanding of medical terminology a plus.
- You’re able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- You use excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual – Spanish/English is a plus) to develop and enhance strong customer relationships.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
You should have no schedule conflicts during training.
Applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment skills assessment for this position prior to being considered. This assessment will be emailed to you shortly after you complete your online application.
Job Function: STD Examiners
Primary Location: United States
Job Level: Entry Level
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Remote Worker Option: Yes