Posted about 1 year ago
Sonatypes mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small autonomous teams to create high quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is responsible for managing the customer lifecycle, from onboarding to deployment, through production launch and ongoing success management, while providing high-quality technical support for the Sonatype Nexus platform. We are growing fast and we need to add CSEs to collaborate with our government and commercial customers to ensure they continuously see value across our products. We also look to our CSEs to identify common patterns and/or challenges customers are facing to influence the evolution of the product portfolio and best practices.
Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, DevOps managers, and associated stakeholders in the SDLC. In this position you will:
Coach and educate a set of customers on implementation and usage best practices for the Sonatype Nexus Platform to ensure smooth onboarding, faster adoption, increased footprint, etc.
Derive and define best practices as well as common pitfalls through customer meetings (remote & on-site), data analysis, and customer interviews.
Engage in one-to-one and one-to-many customer outreach with the goal of educating customers, understanding their implementation status, and defining/documenting how we can close any customer success gap.
Help to build scalable and repeatable processes that drive ever-increasing customer success.
Share field insights with your peers in Customer Success as well as our Sales, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams.
Provide feedback on how to bring more valuable features to the product based on customer reactions and your hands-on experiences.
Discover and analyze gaps in the customer experience to identify "early warning" signals and then working with cross-functional teams to address them.
Act as the voice of the customer - use your insights to help us drive improvements, influence product roadmap, deploy customer advocacy programs, etc.
Ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied.
If you have been told, "you have a great bed-side manner," that's what we are looking for. And while there will be some day of mostly screen-time, this a customer-facing role. Travel is estimated to be 35-45%.
Required Experience & Skills
- Security Clearance: Top Secret required, TS/SCI preferred.
- Consulting experience; meeting deliverables.
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle and Agile development.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC a plus, including: source code version control systems (e.g., git, subversion, cvs, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins, continuous integration systems), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), continuous delivery technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, etc.).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to use and learn a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Experience working in cross-functional role along side Engineering and Sales organizations is a plus.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Broad knowledge of modern software development life cycles and the tooling that development organizations use to build applications is important. Prior development expertise and experience with tools such as Hudson/Jenkins (CI Servers) and Eclipse/other IDEs is desirable.
- The ability to work with such tooling to integrate Sonatype's specific solutions into customers' application life cycles is required. Experience with application security and licensing and helping build processes around both are a plus.
- Prior consulting experience with federal/military customers in secure environments, preferably related to the SDLC, will prove helpful.
- Experience using, administering, configuring, etc. any of the Sonatype Nexus platform is a plus.
We are Sonatype, and we have assembled a world class team of employees, investors, and partners. We are proud to be recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company for 2016. With more than 120,000 installations and counting, Nexus products are helping modern development organizations intelligently source, manage, assemble, and maintain open source and third-party components, so they can improve the quality, security, and speed of their software supply chains.
We are curious and constantly innovating without fear of failure. We are attacking a huge and emerging market and seeking remarkably talented individuals to join us on our journey.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: were passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. Were one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. Were backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know