Posted 6 months ago
Sumo is the #1 lead capture tool for entrepreneurs. We serve over 1 million people daily, across 800,000 websites, all around the world. We made this market and seek to continually dominate it.
We're looking to grow the company and need you, a customer support guru, to help us get there.
You’ll be one of the heroes of the Sumo team. You’ll be on the frontlines, loving customers everyday, and making sure that they leave every interaction saying, “Wow...Sumo is dope!”. You’ll interact closely with every department in Sumo (engineering, marketing, sales) and be relied upon to provide crucial customer insights. The Support team is often referred to as the Nucleus of Sumo, and you’ll be strengthening that core.
This company is not your traditional 9-5. We believe in full flexibility, working on awesome projects, and having fun at work. Once ramped up, you’ll have full autonomy to make gut-decisions to make customers happy. This isn’t to say we don’t encourage you to ask for help, but you should feel confident in your abilities to make split-decisions and champion for a customer for one-off cases.
With alumni from MIT, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, and successful entrepreneurs, you'll be surrounded by the smartest in the game. You’re comfortable not being the smartest in the room. In fact, this excites you because of the learning and growth opportunities.
Who you are:
- You're familiar with Sumo and have installed and used Sumo on a website before.
- You believe that excellent customer support is the foundation of any successful company.
- You're crazy organized and detail oriented. Inbox zero? Inbox negative one.
- You enjoy solving problems.
- You come to the table with customer support experience and can jump in quickly.
- You should make sure the last word on your resume says taco.
- You're a self-starter and overachiever. If you spot an inefficiency or bottle-neck, you package it up and bring it to the table with a solution ready.
- You understand processes are there to make things foolproof, and aren’t boring or redundant.
- Zendesk runs through your DNA.
- You have nerves of steel to take on criticism but you have a heart that melts ice caps and can warm up the coldest of customers.
- You understand that support isn't about canned responses, it is about being the foundation which your team stands on in order to accomplish great things.
- You’re feel confident to speak to your work should a CEO call on you during a weekly team meeting.
- You're fun :-)
What's in it for you:
- You will be an individual contributor helping shape the future of Sumo!
- Flexible work hours. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or travel? We encourage it.
- Speaking of travel - we don't track vacation days. Take as many as you need. Seriously.
- Two company retreats per year. Whether that’s dog-sledding in Banff or sipping tequila on a boat in Mexico, we reward and celebrate our hard work.
If you read through this application all the way, answer the required questions on the application page and then take our Customer Support Challenge: