Posted 5 months ago
data analyst role and requirements
As a data analyst at surefoot, your human interaction will mostly consist of conversations with our strategic directors and clients. However, your primary interactions will be with our clients’ datasets. We’ll look to you to analyze the results of our clients’ tests and distill that hard data into digestible “data stories” that can be universally understood by everyone from the intern to the CEO.
In other words, some of your time will be spent crunching numbers while the other portion will be spent translating those numbers to English, helping “non-numbers speaking people” understand what the data means.
If you’re still with us, here are the requirements:
- 4-5+ years of professional experience in data analysis and statistics
- deep experience with Google Analytics; preferably GAIQ certified
- top notch communicator with good writing skills, grammar and grasp of the English language
- demonstrated expertise communicating results and actionable insights from in-depth analysis to decision makers
- experience developing Keynote or Google Slides presentations with a strategic focus
- exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail (e.g., if you found an error in this job description, it's still bugging you)
- self-motivation, ability to work independently and remotely
- strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- craves feedback and accepts it with gratitude
- high emotional intelligence
- hobbies outside of work
- experience with A/B testing or personalization
- working knowledge of statistical frameworks and concepts pertinent to A/B testing, including Frequentist and Bayesian statistics, p-values, confidence intervals, minimum detectable effect, etc.
- experience writing SQL, wrangling spreadsheet data, and analyzing data using R or Python
- experience with tools like Optimizely, Dynamic Yield, VWO, HotJar, Mixpanel
- interest in the outdoors or staying active (many of our clients fall into the outdoors and active lifestyle industry)
- funny GIF library, good emoji usage, sense of humor
nitty gritty details
- Base salary: $80,000 to $90,000 (depending on experience) + benefits (health, paid vacation and holidays, self care bonuses, all-hands trips, fully remote team)
- The position is open to U.S. (W2) and Canadian-based (independent contractor) applicants only. No Visa sponsorship is provided.