Posted 3 months ago
Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for technology training based in New York City. Fullstack offers comprehensive in-person and remote training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re looking for a Data Analytics Instructor who can help us transform the lives of our students, and through them, their communities and economies by inspiring, mentoring and encouraging a new generation of Data Analysts.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Instructor for Fullstack Academy’s flagship Data Analytics bootcamp program, you lead instruction for our core bootcamp program. You’ll deliver lectures and support students through exercises designed to embed key data analytics concepts. You’ll facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community, guiding students through development of stellar projects and labs, getting students ready to step immediately into data analytics jobs after graduating. You’ll continually make updates and enhancements to our Data Analytics curriculum. You’ll collaborate with our dedicated support and administrative staff to ensure an exceptional experience for each student in our program.
This is a full-time, remote role, reporting to the NYC Campus Director.
In this role, you will
- Lead instruction on Data Analytics and related technology topics, through whole-class lectures, activity-based learning workshops, office hours, mock technical interviews, and project-based experiential learning
- Work with students 1-on-1, in pairs and in groups to support their learning and growth in the program
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment and culture for our students
- Teach using Fullstack’s lesson plans, lecture materials, assessments, and supplemental workshops based on our award-winning curriculum
- Keep up to date on relevant trends in the data analytics field
- Work closely with the Data Analytics Academic Director and Product Manager to develop curriculum materials, including written workshops, labs , lecture videos and lesson plans, based on feedback provided by students and members of the academic team
You are a great candidate if you have:
- The experience and/or credentials that satisfy New York State regulatory requirements for a data analytics instructor, a BA/BS degree, with either:
- 12 college credits in STEM content areas, plus 1 year of professional Data Analytics experience; or
- 3+ years of professional Data Analytics experience
- Professional proficiency with the core technologies of data analytics, including: Excel, Powerpoint, SQL, Python and Tableau, as well as the data-analytics-related services on the Amazon Web Services platform.
- 1 year of experience teaching, tutoring, or mentoring on data analytics concepts
- Exceptional and engaging presentation skills - particularly when it comes to complex technical information
- The ability to distill complex technical topics into beginner-friendly concepts
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- A love of data analytics and a passion for growing the careers of a diverse new generation of data analysts