Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) team is looking for a Data Engineer to join us in Pune, India. As a Data Engineer, you will work with data analysts and business analysts to build, deploy, and maintain scalable technology solutions that ensure accurate and reliable data for input into campaign planning and implementation, lead generation, and segmentation. You will be expected to stay abreast of industry and technology trends, write detailed technical documentation, troubleshoot issues, and continuously enhance our marketing infrastructure. You will be working with stakeholders from across the company in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once. You’ll need to enjoy designing software and database solutions that allow for flexibility in business processes and rapidly and iteratively developing solutions while always keeping the long-term in mind.
- Write and validate complex SQL queries and ETL packages
- Identify and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Create data processing and transformation pipelines that add business value to marketing and sales
- Use vendor system APIs including Eloqua, Salesforce.com (SFDC), Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 investigation for data anomalies, including deep-dives into code, databases, and business logic to answer advanced user questions
- Create automated unit tests and data validation scripts; Implement system health monitoring and alerts
- Monitor and consult on database indexing and dashboard performance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related field, or a bachelor's degree with relevant code school experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with database or software development
- 2+ years of experience using SQL and RDBMS systems like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Record of using agile or scrum development processes to develop software
- Great problem solver; ability and willingness to learn on your own and work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, working across time zones and cross-culturally; ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with minimal direction, under pressure and strict deadlines
- Solid problem-solving skills, as well as troubleshooting and root cause analyses
- Expertise in writing scripts in data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik Sense, etc.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures in RDBMS systems like MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or Teiid and data warehouse systems like Redshift
- Experience working with business intelligence (BI) tools like BusinessObjects (BOBJ), Tableau, or Qlikview
- Experience with ETL processes and tools including Spoon, Kettle, SQL Server, and Informatica
- Experience with version control tools like Git is a plus
- Experience with data virtualization technologies, including Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization and Denodo is a plus
- Experience with back-end scripting languages like Python and Go
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Cassandra
- Experience deploying containers in Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings like Openshift v3 or KubeNow is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.