Posted 6 months ago
Xapo is a global financial technology company built on bitcoin & blockchain with a mission to enable anyone, anywhere to take control of their money.
Founded in 2013 by International Entrepreneur Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, recruited a world class team, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Are you a self-starter who shares our passion for harnessing cutting-edge technologies to impact the lives of people globally? Do you dream of growing your career at a tech startup, while not sacrificing your work-life balance? Do you wish for a job that allows you to work from home, or anywhere else in the world that you need or want to be? Are you searching for a company that appreciates your individuality, and recognizes that we all have personal and family obligations outside of work? If so, Xapo may be the place for you!
Xapo employs a global, remote workforce in over fifty countries. We hire great people and in exchange we offer autonomy, flexibility, meaningful work, a collaborative team environment, and top tier compensation. Do the best work of your career at Xapo - and still have the time to enjoy all of lifes special moments!
We are seeking an Data Engineer
to join our global team. This full-time position is planned to be remote
, meaning you can work from anywhere!
- Design and build data structures on MPP platform like AWS RedShift and or Druid.io.
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using AWS tools like Glue (Spark based), Data Pipeline, Lambda.
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of analytics needs.
- Collaborate with the team on building dashboards, using Self-Service tools like Apache Superset or Tableau, and data analysis to support business.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams and work on solutions which have a larger impact on Xapo business.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs.
- Programming experience in building high-quality software. Skills with Python or Scala preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages.
- Experience using Java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce.
- Work experience with AWS tools to process data (Glue, Pipeline, Kinesis, Lambda, etc).
- Experience with or advanced courses on data science and machine learning.
- Attractive compensation.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Collaborate, learn, and grow with a diverse, global team.
- Achieve balance with our autonomous work culture and flexible hours.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
We strongly encourage applications from women & minorities.