Posted over 1 year ago
(View All Jobs)
- Lead Envato's growing Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse team of 10+
- Partner with our Analytics Director, Paid Growth Director & other internal leaders to come up with innovative solutions to interesting problems
- Melbourne CBD with optional flexibility to work some days from home
or work remotely from anywhere in Australia
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. We've consistently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia, since 2015, in the BRW Awards, and we've also been awarded the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity by JobAdvisor.
Envato was found in 2006 and, since then, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more. Find out more at Envato Market, Envato Elements, Envato Sites, Envato Studio and Tuts+.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we're also growing really fast! We have close to 600 staff and contractors worldwide, adding more than 100 people to the business, year on year, since 2017.
What you'll be doing
In this senior leadership role you will lead Envato's growing Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse team of 10+ whilst also developing and communicating your centralised data platform vision for Envato and maintaining the roadmap. You'll partner with senior stakeholders and delivery teams to continue developing our centralised data platform, looking at ways to innovate and continuously improve. This platform enables multiple analytics teams to build business insights and reporting. You will also be responsible for operational aspects of the data warehouse.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a highly motivated leader, with 5+ years experience leading, coaching and mentoring highly effective data warehouse and data platform teams. We're going through a period of rapid growth and transformation, so it would be amazing if you had experience working in one, or multiple, fast-growing digital businesses where ongoing planning and frequent re-forecasting is the norm. We'd also love experience with Amazon Redshift.
Your approach to matching work and people is outstanding; you love to focus on getting both the best out of the team and the best result for the business. Your excellent planning skills and experience mean that you're naturally capable of seeing dependencies and driving others to deliver, while maintaining great relationships across the business at all levels. Above all else, you have high integrity and align with Envato's values.
As well as developing your team, we're looking for a individual who is also driven to develop themselves professionally. In this role you will be surrounded by industry leaders who are passionate about providing you with opportunities to grow your career, innovate and constantly upskill.
Technology your team be working with
What we offer
- AWS Cloud Services (AWS Redshift, EC2, S3 etc)
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Gathering data via API's from cloud based data sources
- Google Cloud Platform Tools (BigQuery, Google Analytics, AdWords)
Who should apply?
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- Our preference is to hire this role in our Melbourne CBD office, with optional flexibility to work from home some days, but we are also happy to consider applications from people who would like to work remotely (Australia wide)
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
We care deeply about diversity at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!