Posted over 1 year ago
The Product Analytics team at Wikimedia is a collaborative team with organizational-wide impact. We provide quantitatively-based user insights to improve decision-making throughout Wikimedia, with a focus on supporting product decisions that benefit our global community of users. Our team is passionate about ensuring our work is impactful, accessible, reliable, and ethically sourced & applied.
We’re looking for a Data Quality Analyst to help us improve reporting and analysis of key metrics by investigating data integrity issues and ensuring that they are resolved. You’ll work closely with members of the Product Analytics team and stakeholders to understand the health of our data and support reconciliation through partnership with product and technology teams.
We’d like you to do these things:
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Build an understanding of Wikimedia’s product usage and development processes in order to facilitate data investigations
- Raise data quality in our event logs, data stores, reports, and analyses
- Document recommendations for more accurately collecting, storing, and transforming our data
- Investigate data quality issues and verify data accuracy through SQL and Hive queries, data exploration tools (in our toolkit: Grafana, Superset, Turnilo, Jupyter Notebooks, and Google Sheets), and automated scripts
- Partner with analysts, stakeholders, engineers, product, and QA to resolve data issues
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Comfortable querying Hadoop (Hive/Presto) and MySQL databases
- Understand key database concepts, data models, and relationships between different types of data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to appropriately balance precision and rigor with timely delivery
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and work collaboratively, as well as independently, to deliver results
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
- Editing Wikipedia or contributing to other Wikimedia projects
- Open source software development
- Web/digital analytics
- Data governance
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
Wikimedia Foundation website
Wikimedia Foundation blog
Annual Report - 2017