Posted 7 months ago
Deal Desk Analyst – Sales Operations
at Cherwell Software
Cherwell (@Cherwell) empowers organizations to transform their business through the rapid adoption and easy management of digital services.Cherwell’s adaptable platform has enabled thousands of organizations to modernize their business operations with customizable service management, automation, and reporting across the enterprise. Friction makes work slow and frustrating—Cherwell helps organizations achieve meaningful and measurable digital service transformation, faster.
We are looking for a DEAL DESK ANALYST to join our SALES OPERATIONS team in either DENVER ,COLORADO SPRINGS or remote.
Who Will Love This Job
Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
Interpersonal Savvy: You relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; build appropriate rapport; build constructive and effective relationships; use diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
An organizer: You are well-organized and demonstrate a system for tracking multiple tasks assigned at a given time and have the ability to prioritize time-sensitive activities.
Business Acumen: You know how businesses work; know the competition; are aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Problem Solver: You uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probe all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; are excellent at honest analysis; look beyond the obvious and don’t stop at the first answers.
What You’ll Do
- Support revenue growth through increased sales activity serving as the strategic sales partner and trusted tactical expert in executing complex deal pricing and contractual structures
- Accelerate deal cycles to close and maximize revenue by partnering with our sales reps in proposal building, pricing, quote generation and opportunity management in the effort to structure profitable and compliant transactions
- Review proposals / quotes and provide sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to optimize profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure.
- Think critically and proactively to identify opportunities for deal optimization
- Provide proactive support, guidance and creative solutions to the sales team in order to help drive new deals as well as for renewal / up-sell / cross-sell opportunities, while being aware of relevant customer information, provisioning and current billing
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, and revenue policies for addressing obstacles to deal closure and other sales escalations.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales/Pre-Sales, Finance, Accounting, Billing, Operations and Legal to review and prepare approval requests for non-standard deal elements and structures.
- Ensure all non-standard commercial terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented.
- Enforce and confirm compliance with all internal checks and balances when custom solutions and deals are developed
- Anticipate Sales teams’ business needs through regular participation in pipeline reviews and forecast calls
- Be a sales-facing, and occasionally client-facing, subject matter expert on Cherwell deal structuring, processes, and policies
- Guide and coach Sales teams in the most efficient, best-practice processes and positions to expedite deal approvals, while protecting Cherwell’s best interests
- Maintain a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; drive internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on client concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations.
- Continuously review deal progression and collaborate with colleagues to ensure optimal deal cycle times and precise execution.
- Communicate effectively with various audiences ranging from clients to Sales Management to C-level leadership
- Approve/Reject/Escalate proposals based on thorough analysis and business judgement.
What You Should Have
- 4+ years Deal Desk / Sales Operations experience
- 4+ years experience in finance, contracts, or sales operations role
- Possess an in-depth comprehension of the sales cycle for both subscription and non-recurring IT service and revenue models
- Experience working with Reseller and Channel Partners
- Highly skilled in being the primary orchestration point for deal construction and deal governance across many cross-functional segments
- Excellent comprehension of detailed pricing models and strategies
- Sound decision-making and strategic planning skills to recommend the best course of action for complex pricing situations
- Critical thinking and change management skills within dynamic organizations
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in high volume environment
- Business relationship skills; have the ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams
- Strong presentation skills
- Negotiation experience
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or sales related field;
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SAAS) environment
- Understanding of various licensing models ELAs, term and subscription-based pricing, as well as hosted (SaaS) and Cloud models
Who you are:
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You share our enthusiasm for a work environment that is fast-paced and growing
- You enjoy being collaborative and pursuing others’ success as strongly as our own
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- You prioritize being socially responsible and contributing to a greater purpose
The benefits you love:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, & more
- Generous PTO plan for employees that includes up to 8 hours for community service
- 401K with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Cherwell Software prior to having a signed agreement from Cherwell’s Talent Acquisition department. Cherwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Cherwell and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.