Posted 10 months ago
We're looking for a Deal Desk Manager to work closely as a business partner with the regional sales organization and field leadership for our MuleSoft division. The position will report to our Vice President, Sales and Financial Operations. This person is a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability and/or market share.
Acting as a "deal quarterback", the Deal Desk Manager will assist with product selection, constructing deals, drafting order forms and exception handling. Additionally, he or she will be expected to accelerate decision making by proactively facilitating reviews, escalations and approvals.
- Develop a strong understanding of MuleSoft's business model and product offerings.
- Establish close partnership with the regional field organization to ensure appropriate level of engagement.
- Master MuleSoft's bookings policy and price book in order to be able to provide appropriate guidance and ensure compliance.
- Become up to speed with the tools, systems and methods we use to track our opportunities, quotes, pipeline and activity.
- Learn our process to close deals, provision products and onboard customers.
- Provide deal support, operating at the same cadence and urgency as the field.
- Manage all regional quote/order form flow through the approval process, ensuring sales leadership is aware of approval needs and concerns so that deals make it through the process expeditiously.
- Answer questions around deal structure and approval process.
- Provide booking guidance, helping the field follow and understand the booking policy and how that affects their bookings and in turn their commissions.
- Overall support to operate within the discount limits and exception handling process. Build expertise and analytics around discounting benchmarks to assist with deal pricing. Actively participate in all regional deal reviews.
- Become a key member of the regional leadership team driving operational alignment across key functions of the business.
- Offer expertise and assistance in the construction of quotes and order forms, help with drafting special terms and commercial terms.
- Proactively facilitate reviews, escalations and approvals for exceptions. Be able to offer deal intelligence to assist in decision making.
- Provide guidance on deal structuring in a way that maximizes ACV and entitles customers for maximum success.
- Ensure end-to-end operational support for the region, providing Legal, Accounting and Product support and coordination when needed.
- Help ensure the reps are selling the right, latest mix of products and using the right SKUs on their quotes/order forms.
- Help with territory alignment and analysis in region. Improve our process and effectiveness in territory planning, including the development of tools, analyses and reporting.
- Work with a cross functional team (Sales Ops, Sales, Marketing Ops) to ensure the account prioritization is happening based on GTM.
- Deliver annual and quarterly updates on regional account alignment to the field. Aid in territory disputes and resolution.
- Working with the data stewardship team, ensure that the regional account data in our systems is clean, deduped, properly categorized, enriched and assigned to appropriate owners.
Working with the Global Sales Operations team, create and deliver the ongoing enablement / training plan for the region to ensure Sales, Services, Customer Success and Account Development functions are all fully aligned and optimized. Training to include and not limited to: new hire overview, best practices, quarterly updates on policy (or pending) changes.
- Build reports and dashboards to assist regional management while ensuring global reporting and analytics integrity.
- Deep understanding of enterprise software business, particularly with a solid background in subscription model for both Cloud and on-premise modalities
- 5-8 years of relevant Sales Operations experience in a prominent enterprise software company with progressive track record
- Proficiency in overall construct of software license, services and renewal deals to ensure appropriate approvals are being called and advise on booking and revenue recognition consequences. Prior deal desk experience is a plus
- Ability to navigate internal resources to obtain advice and guidance on deal construction and any obstructions or potential blockers to getting approved and booked
- Ability to communicate and provide support to the field and sales management on updates/changes to policies and also to help ensure there is a clear understanding in the field on all best practices of constructing and submitting quotes/OFs
- Ability to organize and figure out priorities for field and sales management in region.
- Ability to take lead and initiative in driving operational procedures and processes in region while maintaining global integrity and consistency
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools
- Remarkable intellectual curiosity to regularly challenge the status quo
- A "do whatever it takes" attitude to affect change within the organization
- An ability to balance being detail-oriented as well as seeing the big picture
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles
- Highly responsive, thrive in a fast-pace environment
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.