Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Asia Pacific (APAC) Deal Desk team is looking for a Senior Deal Desk Specialist to join us in Seoul, South Korea. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating non-standard deals. You'll provide assistance to the Sales team and various stakeholders to structure and document non-standard deals, while adhering to corporate policies, programs, and systems that affect the structuring and conducting of revenue transactions. In addition, you'll be responsible for coordinating transactions in an accurate and timely manner and for ensuring that all deal practices are documented, optimized, communicated, adhered to, and in support of our financial, operational, and business objectives.
- Review and verify incoming non-standard deals for accuracy, including but not limited to confirming contract terms, contact and billing information, pricing, business policies and work with the Sales, Sales Management, Revenue Recognition, Finance, Legal, Product Management, and Services teams to determine the best business outcome
- Establish solid, trusted working relationships with all of Red Hat’s teams that contribute to the structure of, or may be affected by, the non-standard deal and help to obtain exception approvals or pre-approvals
- Review business terms language, both standard and non-standard, for compliance with the corporate policies
- Ensure the use of Red Hat’s agreements and business forms whenever possible
- Draft business terms language for non-standard terms as required
- Work closely with the Legal and Revenue teams on contracts review and revision
- Coordinate deal or agreement review and approval by stakeholders using defined processes and systems; enforce the corporate approval matrix and associated policies
- Advise on deal structure and possible ramifications; ensure a forward deal momentum
- Perform troubleshooting and resolve issues
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Contribute to deal process enhancements by facilitating and maintaining a “no and low-touch deals” automation with defined workflow policies and thresholds that guide the workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies, business management, or computer science
- 5+ years of prior knowledge and relevant experience in deal facilitation, contract or legal administration or operations, working with business, sales, channel and consulting services teams, preferably in an information technology (IT) industry or with a multinational corporation
- Familiarity with operations, order processing, fulfillment, revenue recognition, legal contracts, purchase orders, and license agreements
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in both Korean and English; knowledge of Mandarin and Japanese is a plus
- Organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and persistent with diplomacy and persuasive skills
- Experience working proactively and with minimal supervision in a rapidly-changing, deadline-based position involving heavy interaction with multiple levels of management and peers
- Skilled in discounting or operational metrics analysis, logic, and problem solving
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; team-focused
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and Oracle
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.