Posted about 2 months ago
The Remote Company
is a network of remote-first tech companies. We're united by our values and approach to doing business. You will work with products like MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck, and Ycode.
We're looking for a talented, creative Designer who will maintain and work on our website and product design. Your job will include creating new pages and updating existing ones for our websites, creating illustrations, improving UI and creating new features.
Why The Remote Company?
Like you, we value great design
Great design plays a major role in everything we do, from our products to communication and internal processes.
You'll be challenged with exciting tasks
Our products are global leaders in their category and compete with the best companies in the world
You'll take ownership
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
You’ll have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
You can pick where you want to work, every day
At The Remote Company, we embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
You can count on stability
You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! We're continuously growing and our oldest company, MailerLite, has been around for more than 10 years.
What we expect from you
- Worked as a designer for at least one year
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Pro in Sketch or Figma
- Used frameworks such as Tailwind or Bootstrap
- Outstanding attention to detail (when you apply, include the phrase "love my job" somewhere in your newsletter)
- Practical knowledge of color theory, grid layout, typography, and graphic design
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Worked with Statamic CMS
- Copywriting skills
What we offer
- Salary: $35,000 - $50,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- Remote health insurance. Every team member gets global health insurance with full coverage in their home country and 175+ countries. No exclusions for pandemics
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. The whole company gathers once a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Team meet-up once a year. You and your team will get a budget to meet and bond in a location of your choice
- Four weeks of vacation. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- Creative days. One paid day off per quarter to do something creative and fun
- Parent days. Parents can take one paid day off every month to spend time with their children
- Parenting budget. Anyone who becomes a parent through childbirth or adoption gets a budget as a gift from us to you!
- Annual benefits, which include a budget for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- MacBook and other tools that'll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here
Please don't send us a CV. We like to do things differently.
Instead, here is how we would like you to apply:
2. Create a newsletter about YOU
In your Mailerlite account, go to "Campaigns" and create a newsletter that answers the questions below.
3. Send the newsletter to apply for the job
Send the newsletter or just the preview URL to [email protected]
You'll find this URL in the editor under "Preview and test" and then "Preview mode."
Things we want to see in your newsletter:
- The title of this role in your email subject line
- How you heard about this job
- Links to your Dribbble, Behance, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, or personal homepage
- Previous companies you worked for, your role, projects you worked on
- Why you want to join The Remote Company
- Your remote work experience
- Your description of a project or product that you loved working on and why
- Expected salary
Did you apply? Click here to read what to expect next. Good luck!