Posted over 1 year ago
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York & Bangalore, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today's entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want insightful, technically oriented people who are passionate about driving significant change to the customer experience through personal interactions and product feedback. Someone who has a desire to listen to customers' challenges and provide long-term solutions that enable the full power of our platform.
Support's mission is to provide all customers with a VIP experience. As a Developer Experience Specialist, your role is to engage with our customers to provide effective solutions to solve customer issues that relate to their account, billing, and platform experience. You'll educate customers about our platform's capabilities and features, spearheading their engagement, and offering an exceptional experience throughout their journey from on-boarding to scaling.
We expect that you'll have a desire to connect with our customers and exhibit exceptional problem-solving skills. Our Developer Experience Specialists personify DigitalOcean's empathy for customers, passion for enhancing their experience and relentless pursuit of simplicity at scale. This requires creative problem-solving and curiosity to tackle customer issues related to user experience and billing with knowledge of cloud services. Some, but not all candidates will have experience in technical areas such as Linux, programming, or web development. All candidates will be assessed against their ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter.
We have a history of promoting employees from within and rewarding high performers with more responsibility, title, and compensation. The Support Team's alumni cohort includes high-level individual contributors, current managers, product managers, and engineers spread throughout our entire company. This is a place to learn, perform well, and be rewarded.
What You'll Be Doing:
What We'll Expect From You:
- Providing thoughtful, personalized communication to solve our customer's issues
- Identifying and owning challenges that multiple customers face; fixing similar issues for all our customers
- Quickly learning DigitalOcean products and adapting to rapid product, process, and policy changes
- Working both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Creating and updating knowledgebase articles
- Triaging, escalating, prioritizing, and following up with incidents or customer impacting events
- Making informed decisions to solve issues that balance the needs of customer and company
- Sharing best practices and improving your team while seeking the same in return
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Share knowledge with our team and community
- Passion for driving excellent customer experiences while providing critical account and billing expertise
- Tenacity to overcome obstacles to achieve our goals and initiatives
- Prior experience or knowledge of Escalation and Incident Management procedures
- Rigorous investigative skills and pattern recognition to help solve our customer's current and future needs
- Identification with our brand and team culture
- Self-motivated with a great sense of responsibility
- Sound independent decision making
- A keen eye for detail
- The inclination to improve your skill set through training, personal development, and self-learning
- Understanding or knowledge of some cloud technical concepts like operating systems (Linux, Windows, macOS), web servers (Apache, Nginx), web development (HTML, CSS), or networking concepts
- Experience supporting online customers, preferably in a cloud hosting environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our "no jerks" rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. Our office space is equipped with all the amenities you might need, including with 24/7 access, high-speed bandwidth, unlimited coffee and plenty of community-focused events to keep you engaged. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!