Posted 12 months ago
At Olo we build an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Many of these restaurant chains hire software development teams to create a wide variety of custom applications and websites that integrate with Olo’s APIs. Likewise, the emergence of third party restaurant marketplaces and delivery services has opened new sales channels for restaurant chains, and Olo enables those channels via integrations to our APIs. We also work with a broad array of food delivery providers, POS vendors, and loyalty platform providers who integrate their solutions into the Olo Platform to enable a complete digital ordering experience. Working on Olo’s Developer Support team will give you the opportunity to assist developers from the most innovative and notable tech companies in the food space.
Olo is transforming the digital ordering landscape for restaurant chains in an ever-evolving ecosystem, and we're looking for a talented engineer and support specialist to join our team in the role of a Developer Support Engineer to help us achieve our vision. You will play a significant and visible role in helping our partners incorporate online ordering into their own applications and solutions. Your primary role will be to provide developer-level support for developers who are integrating to our APIs. You will also be responsible for improving our Developer Portal (where integration partners manage their API projects), API documentation, and associated tools needed to provide an exceptional integration experience. Your success will enable the expansion of the Olo digital ordering universe.
You'll work with a smart, friendly, and passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as .NET 4.6, ASP.NET MVC 5, TeamCity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy and heavy use of OSS.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, by far the majority of our engineering team is remote!
* You will serve as a technical interface to our development partners, supporting their ability to incorporate Olo services into their applications and solutions via our APIs. Specifically, you will answer daily technical questions from a wide variety of integration partners related to the functional behavior of our APIs, and you will investigate and resolve problems they report with their integration.
* You will evolve our Developer Portal to provide a complete technical repository of information, documentation, and tools that our partners will use to incorporate Olo online ordering into their products.
* This is a unique role that requires a special combination of responsibilities: daily developer support, great documentation writing, and the ability to both interpret and write quality software.
* A passion for computing that extends beyond work
* Excellent English writing and communication skills
* Enjoys the daily variability of a developer support role and the need to sometimes jump in and help untangle ambiguous problems
* At least 3 years on-the-job software development experience
* Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented concepts
* Comfortable in multiple programming languages and frameworks
* Experience developing or integrating to a RESTful API
* Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
* BS in Computer Science or related field, or comparable industry experience
* Legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience in a technical support or developer support role
* Experience with technical writing in a software environment
* Experience working in Zendesk