Posted 7 months ago
DEVELOPMENT COACH – RESERVATION SALES
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) is on a path to revolutionize human hospitality in a digital world, the same way we defined hospitality from its early beginnings. We strive to deliver personalized solutions that inspire a passion for travel, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with whom we interact.
What will I be doing?
The location for this position is virtual/remote.
As a Development Coach, you are essential in driving positive engagement for team members as well as internal and external customers, while maximizing profitability for our hotels. You are responsible for coaching and developing your team to meet or exceed monthly key contact center sales and service performance targets in a virtual environment. You will lead the team, help them cultivate their skillset, and understand the business and organization, while living Hilton and HRCC values.
More specifically, you will:
- Advocate for the customer using Customer Satisfaction scores (and other sources of customer information) to improve the team’s sales performance and service quality.
- Elevate yourself and the team to build and achieve better results through coaching methodologies and one-on-one sessions focused on positive strengths and areas of opportunity.
- Monitor the quality of calls to effectively and consistently encourage, coach, and motivate the work-at-home (WAH) team to meet performance targets.
- Communicate team and organization goals and objectives by providing consistent progress updates.
- Follow performance management procedures. This includes analyzing and interpreting long-term agent and team performance patterns and trends.
- Coordinate with other teams to identify training needs. This involves designing and implementing both individual- and team-based reward and recognition programs. You will advocate for your remote/WAH team.
Live our organizational tenets:
Advocate for team members by actively identifying individual strengths and fostering career advancement within Hilton
Build and execute process improvements recommendations, while motivating others to meet the challenges of an ever-evolving environment
Celebrate the team and provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to maximize opportunities with every customer
Innovate on new trends, technology, and methods to optimize our organization
- Establish trust with cross-functional teams by developing positive productive relationships with many partners globally
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Works well under pressure and effectively handles multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizes responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others, including executive level
- Drives high productivity with accountability for outstanding levels of performance. This includes challenging teams and individuals to be the best.
- Builds, assesses, and changes course as needed
- A confirmed change leader with the interpersonal skills to help others get proficient in ambiguous situations
- Collaborates effectively on large scale projects with staff in a variety of departments across a virtual matrixed organization
- Challenges the status quo and suggests alternative ways to a better outcome
- Demonstrates understanding high-level corporate objectives and translates them into relevant tasks or messages for our team
- Total discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- One (1) year in a customer oriented and/or sales role
- One (1) year experience leading or supervising a team of ten+ (10+) people
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Hospitality, or related field
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in a medium to large call center environment
- One (1) year working in a virtual work environment
- One (1) year leading virtual teams
- Knowledge of, and experience with Hilton Hotels and Hilton Honors products and services
- Knowledge of business mathematics, including calculating percentage changes and averages/weighted averages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including understanding/manipulating entry level spreadsheets