Posted about 1 year ago
As some of the biggest brands on the web, our clients and partners are often pushing the limits of WordPress. We empower them to get the most out of WordPress by providing guidance, reviewing code for security and performance, and developing new tools to improve our platform.
We are seeking consultant developers, to join our diverse and hard-working team, who bring excellence in software engineering, communication, and analytical skills. We are completely distributed, so you can work from anywhere in the world (as long as there’s a good internet connection).
VIP Development Consultants provide a valuable service to our clients. It is expected that you will come from a backend development background and are comfortable transitioning to a more client-facing focused role. You will work on a variety of different problems including:
- Consult with clients to advise them on the best way to structure their theme or plugins
- Advise on coding best-practices and provide feedback and guidance for client developers
- Assist clients through the launch of their sites
- Provide architectural consulting to help craft ongoing development of new features and functionality
- Help debug complex issues, while anticipating potential future needs and challenges
- Conduct performance audits of sites
- Fix security issues impacting the platform or popular plugins
- Build tools to help the support team be more efficient
We operate differently, apart from a set 4 to 8 hours a week of “on call” time (don’t worry — this is booked for a time you are happy to work,) you can set your own schedule. Whilst we don’t usually do weekends, occasionally some weekend work may be needed.
We are looking for people who have:
A minimum of 2 years of WordPress specific experience – including in-depth experience of security and site performance. Please provide references and examples to highlight this, with details of your role and what you did.
WordPress experience beyond theme work – What plugins or custom code have you contributed to?
- Strong debugging skills
- A desire to learn and grow
- Superb communication skills
- A passion to help other developers build secure and performant sites
- The ability to travel (expenses paid), for three to four weeks per year as we get together with colleagues, clients and the community