Posted 10 months ago
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Salesforce is looking for a Software Engineer to join its Business Technology Department as a DevOps Engineer to help us realize our vision of Infrastructure as Code. We want to build an automated QA platform and integrate to existing endpoint configuration and release management tools to serve as a foundation to enable CI/CD on client endpoints.
The candidate will need experience in designing and implementing software solutions for bare metal environments with keen attention to end user experience. The ideal candidate possesses passion and patience to coach other engineers and work closely with management as this individual will be expected to help drive our cultural transformation to scale and modernize by codifying our backend infrastructure, and standardize to agile & scrum methodology.
YOUR IMPACT - Responsibilities
- Create efficiencies and economies of scale by delivering repeatable automated solutions
- Design client infrastructure roadmaps and strategies that scale horizontally while maintaining the balance between security, supportability, and usability
- CI/CD - Develop a consumable automated QA Platform to reduce resource dependency
- SELF HEAL - Identify Key Performance & Leading Indicators of our services and automate monitoring, incident response, and alerting and create intelligent automations to self heal and self remediate to prevent issues before they occur
- Translate and migrate existing workflows into reusable, modular, and well documented code and APIs
- Implement orchestrated releases through CI/CD pipelines
- Establish documentation standards to foster CI/CD between other engineering teams and provide support and mentorship to our operations and business partners
- Experience standing up and operationalizing orchestrated releases through CI/CD pipelines i.e. Jenkins, CodePipeline
- Experience building and maintaining automation pipelines
- Experience in building applications, libraries, and frameworks in Python, Ruby, Swift, or Go
- Experience working with Munki, Chef, Puppet, MDM, DEP
- Experience in deployment to and supporting AWS services leveraging Lambda, SQS, ECS, CloudWatch, EC2.
- Experience with Terraform and/or Cloudformation
- Experience with version control (git preferred)
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build proof-of-concepts quickly
- Passion for exploring new technologies related to platform-agnostic infrastructure
- Proven track record of deploying high-availability systems
- Ability to aggregate data from disparate sources to formulate insights of our fleet
- Strong macOS or Linux architecture knowledge including security and programming interfaces.
- Proficiency working with directory services such as Active Directory or LDAP
- Proficiency in Network Virtualization and Security components including working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, IPSec thin/thick/web application architectures
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL systems such as Postgres, MySQL, Memcached, and Redis
- Proven track record in implementing DevOps principles where possible while engineering for scale in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with macOS API, shell commands, ObjectC/Swift
- OSQuery & OSSec
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.