Posted 11 months ago
Redox is an engineering-first company, building the future of healthcare information exchange. We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our DevOps team. In this position, you'll be architecting, building, and maintaining our infrastructure and platform, enabling our developers and engineers to build awesome products that change the future of the healthcare industry.
At Redox, we have a culture of trust, transparency and tireless personal growth.
This is a remote based opportunity. You can live and work anywhere within the US. We are not hiring for non-US based candidates.
Redox is looking for someone who has a high degree of experience in the infrastructure and DevOps world. This role is expected to build and design infrastructure that enables our organization to grow quickly and safely. This will include debugging problems that arise anywhere within the stack including: monitoring software, databases, container orchestration services, load balancing technologies and much more. Additional responsibilities may include informing stakeholders of emerging technologies and industry changes, participating in an on-call rotation, and assisting other engineers in resolving production related issues.
Please apply if you are:
* Passionate about solving complex problems and doing good
* Enthusiastic about creating an elegant and delightful user experience
* Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn
* A good listener who shows respect to your colleagues
* A believer in asking for forgiveness, not permission
* Comfortable with uncertainty and turning complex problems into actionable plans
* Detailed knowledge and experience working with Linux operating systems such as: Ubuntu, RedHat, Gentoo or other *nix based operating systems
* A solid understanding of managing SQL databases (Postgres, MySQL)
* Familiarity with at least one high level programming language such as: NodeJS, Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
* Experience working with monitoring services such as: Nagios, Icinga, Sensu, Graphite, Grafana, InfluxDB, etc.
* Strong familiarity with deploying and managing Kubernetes
* Has worked in AWS or GCP cloud environments
* An understanding of routing technologies and load balancing
* Experience stress testing infrastructure
* A good understanding of VPN technologies both commercial and open source
* Healthcare or health tech experience/interest
We want to see what you’ve worked on before! Please share your Github profile and show us the stuff you’re proud of!
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of the areas outlined above. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think it could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.