Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Learning Services (GLS) team is looking for an expert in software containers, container orchestration, and cloud automation to join our team of technical curriculum developers as a DevOps or Cloud Curriculum Developer. In this role, you will help create and maintain our curriculum of instructor-led and self-paced training courses specific to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform learning paths. You will serve as a subject matter expert and author developing courses, including practical hands-on labs and narratives, and recording short videos. You should possess outstanding technical writing skills, as well as field experience planning, deploying, integrating, and supporting container infrastructure and services. In addition, you should demonstrate technical expertise in containers and container orchestration, application development, build infrastructure, automation, and supporting technologies. To succeed in this role, you will need to have previous experience as a system administrator, cloud architect, or consultant; ideally, you should also have previous experience as a curriculum writer or instructor. As a DevOps or Cloud Curriculum Developer, you will have the unique opportunity to learn and work with Red Hat software prior to its public general availability. Please, be prepared to provide samples of content that you have produced in the past. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Work alongside other team members in an agile development workflow to deliver Red Hat’s training and certification offerings in a timely manner, meeting our quality standards
- Create new courses and update existing course materials in collaboration with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Write clear, concise chapter narratives and develop real-world and use-case based examples, guided exercises, and hands-on lab materials
- Build, deploy, and maintain classroom computing environments for hands-on labs during the development cycle
- Learn new skills and technologies quickly in order to become a subject matter expert
- Participate in the Red Hat Communities of Practice (CoP) and in Red Hat Learning Community
- 5+ years of experience in either infrastructure, cloud, containers, or software development
- Practical experience with Linux container and container clustering technologies like Kubernetes, WildFly Swarm, or Open Container Initiative (OCI) project
- 2+ years of experience with either Red Hat Enterprise Linux *RHEL), Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat Ceph Storage, Red Hat Gluster Storage, or identity management
- 2+ years of experience participating in a DevOps practice
- Outstanding understanding of agile principles
- Ability to interpret customer business problems and technical issues and effectively explain how a Red Hat solution will align to identified challenges or requirements
- Knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures like cloud, automation, DevOps, big data, virtualization, storage, relational database management system (RDBMS) or enterprise resource planning (ERP), middleware, clustering, and high availability as it pertains to the development of curriculum content
- Familiarity with distributed revision control software like Git or Mercurial
The following are considered a plus:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with either curriculum development or courseware strategy development
- Experience with Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) using Red Hat OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or Pivotal Container Service (PKS), Docker EE, Mesosphere, or IBM BlueMix
- Deep understanding of multi-tiered architectures and microservices
- Ability to engage in detailed conversations and persuade customers in architecture discussions
- Practical experience with Java development technologies like Spring Boot, Wildfly Swarm, or Java EE including Red Hat JBoss EAP, WildFly Swarm, Oracle WebLogic Server, or IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
- Familiarity with Java development frameworks like Spring, Netflix OSS, Vert.x, or Play and other additional technologies like Node.js, Ruby, PHP, Go, or .NET development
- Practical experience with application build automation tools like Apache Maven, Jenkins, and Git
- Experience with software development life cycle
- Experience working with ansible core and writing playbooks for automation
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.