Posted 9 months ago
You’re a creative, positive, hardworking Digital Development Lead, who lives and breathes pixel-perfection.
You thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. Making sure the customer has an excellent digital experience is always front-of-mind.
This position will lead a growing development team and be responsible for developing and maintaining customer facing mobile-friendly websites and portals. This position is a first-line leadership role—you’ll lead a small team of developers while simultaneously directing and liaising with an outside development agency to create excellent websites and experiences. You’ll guide technical direction and make architectural recommendations and decisions. You’ll have a heavy focus on WordPress CMS space, as well as 3rd party API consumptions and authoring while ensuring our digital properties are cutting edge, work seamlessly, and are fast as lightning.
Additionally, you’ll oversee the development team and development operations to modify, enhance and optimize our existing codebase and will be intimately involved in writing code when needed in order to develop new features for both Team Forleo and our customers. You’ll also work to build and maintain systems/processes to connect the various third-party applications we use to run our business. You’ll serve as a liaison and primary point of contact for cross-functional internal teams; and own day-to-day prioritization to evaluate, develop, manage, implement, and test development initiatives.
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Reading this makes you say, “WHOA — that’s ME!”:
- You’re a proven leader who has a continuous desire to help everyone around you thrive
- You’re excited about co-creating the big picture vision and overall tech plan for the company
- You’re an effective, clear communicator in all formats with great people skills
- You’re a self-motivated team player with strong problem solving abilities and a solution-oriented mindset
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and are able to juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges and questions
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a highly collaborative team (you’ll need to do both here!)
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work until the job gets done
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re hyper focused on getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re on top of the latest and greatest in techniques, trends and technologies
- You live and breathe pixel-perfection
In an ideal world you have:
- Experience leading a development team in a people management and/or technical leadership capacity
- 7+ years of relevant development experience
- 5+ years experience working with OOP PHP
- Strong PHP7 & SQL experience
- 2+ years experience working within a SCRUM methodology
- 4+ years experience with Mobile and/or Responsive Development
- A strong understanding of GIT
- Experience with API consumption and leverage work
- Experience with the WordPress framework
- Past remote work experience
This position is not for you if:
- You have personal drama
- You don’t really commit wholeheartedly to anything
- You think self-help is weird
- You have no sense of humor
The nitty gritty:
- We’re open to this being a full-time employee or freelance position
- We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on track and on time.
- Full-time employees get 6 weeks paid vacation, 401K, health/dental insurance, inspiration days, paid holidays, and competitive pay
- Your location isn’t as important as your attitude and talent, but it’s required that you live and work in the continental United States and are eligible to work in the United States
- This is a 100% virtual/remote position working with our stellar virtual team
Marie Forleo International is an equal opportunity employer.