Posted 9 months ago
Products and Technology
Job DetailsDirector Business Operations -
Business Operations at MuleSoft, a Salesforce company, is one of three critical roles in our Field Operations team supporting the Account Executives, Sales Leaders, and field teams driving the adoption of innovative API-led connectivity solutions around the world. MuleSoft's mission is to help organizations innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world's applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald's, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people is our number one priority, and we're proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
We are seeking a Director of Business Operations to anchor/build the portfolio of rhythms and processes (and supporting team) to direct and manage global field performance. Business Operations designs and manages the operating rhythms and management systems for our global field organization . The successful candidate will establish themselves as a trusted advisor to the Vice President of Field Operations and to the CEO of the company. This individual will partner with leaders from Sales, Services, Customer Success, and Alliances & Channels as well as our Product, Finance, Marketing, Employee Success, and Salesforce teams. Success in this role will be measured by MuleSoft ACV, revenue, and operating expense goals as well as employee engagement and retention KPIs.
This role is a crucial element of the Global FIeld Operations team, directly reporting to the VP Field Operations. This position will be located in San Francisco.
- Partner with Field leadership teams to refine, scale, and institutionalize our global system of standard operating rhythms used to align field teams around strategic objectives, measure progress, and address shortfalls or deviations
- Drive the planning, orchestration, and facilitation of executive operating rhythms, working with the CEO and MuleSoft executive staff to maintain momentum vs. business objectives, as well as coordinate follow-up activities
- Partner with various Salesforce executive entities to ensure required MuleSoft business plans and results are integrated into standing Salesforce strategic and tactical business management rhythms
- Partner with Finance to develop and monitor field operating expenses and budgets
- Lead strategic initiatives to improve the scalability, agility, and efficiency of the MuleSoft field operating model in its ability to identify, design, deliver, and improve API-led solutions to our customers' business problems
- Optimize the redesign or integration of MuleSoft processes, rhythms, and systems with the larger Salesforce operating model and Ohana, collaborating with relevant MuleSoft and Salesforce functions
- Complete qualitative and quantitative analysis as required to identify root cause deficiencies in the operating model, or to track effectiveness of improvements (e.g., diversity, Headcount analysis, V2MOM adoption, methodology certifications)
- Maintain global playbook for common field/sales policies and processes (e.g., Global Account Management, Splits)
- Work with MuleSoft Field Strategy & Analytics to continuously evaluate and improve the accuracy of business metrics and information produced for internal or external consumption while also minimizing the effort required to produce it
- Coordinate with Global Enablement to define and deliver training to facilitate adoption of new field processes resulting from Business Operations initiatives
- Be a subject matter expert in process improvement, organizational design, and management/measurement systems
- Hire and manage a team of professionals, providing clarity of purpose, tools required to meet their responsibilities, and an environment conducive to diversity of thought, innovation, and personal/career growth
- 12-15 years in operations, program management, or sales productivity. Customer Success, Services or Operations Consulting experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience in large scale technology company required, enterprise software preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of establishing and managing operations with an emphasis on maintaining operating rhythms, dashboards, and other tools necessary to measure, evaluate, and improve business processes and performance
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high quality executive presentations
- Experience in reengineering, organizational design, process improvement; lean startup or design thinking a plus
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands; a high sense of urgency
- Strong executive presence, presenting to large groups, effective communication and influence skills
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel (10-15%)
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.