Posted 5 months ago
Job DetailsRole Description
The Director, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is responsible for the execution of key ERM processes including identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of enterprise risks.
- Executes ERM practices that protect Salesforce on its journey to becoming a Fortune 100 company, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency, while leveraging existing RM processes at Salesforce.
- Analyzes risk information from both internal and external data sources to update understanding of risk exposures and trends
- Leverages risk insights to promote and ensure a consistent and robust approach to risk management across the enterprise
- Aligns with Internal Audit on the creation of the Internal Audit Plan and Insurance to influence appropriate insurance coverage
This position will report to the VP Enterprise Risk Management and works collaboratively across the enterprise to educate, influence, integrate, and support building risk management capability.
Experience, Qualifications, And Education
- Continuously improves ongoing, consistent, and robust ERM practices to identify, prioritize, assess, mitigate, monitor and report on risks and opportunities across the enterprise;
- Develops effective relationships with various levels of management across the company to build and maintain risk management ownership and accountability
- Supports top-down risk assessments and collaborates with bottoms-up functional risk assessment owners to ensure well-informed enterprise risk assessment results;
- Utilizes predictive analytics to analyze risk information from both internal and external data sources to update understanding of risk exposures and trends;
- Tracks emerging risks and escalates key risks to executive management as appropriate;
- Develops key metrics, in collaboration with risk owners, that are indicators of risk management performance and establishes cadence with risk owners to report, review and ensure data quality;
- Coordinates with other functions (such as Internal Audit, Business Continuity, Insurance, and Security) to understand operating practices and identify potential areas of concern;
- Benchmarks other technology and non-technology company's ERM programs, leveraging and implementing appropriate best practices;
- Develops and delivers audience-appropriate ERM trainings to enhance the "culture" of risk management and application of risk management in business processes;
- Leverages Salesforce products and other technology to automate and streamline processes;
- Maintains and updates current risk management documentation, including risk taxonomy, risk assessment methodology standards, top risks, risk monitoring reports, business continuity plan, ERM owned internal controls and risk committee charter.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant experience in risk management or a related field, including:
- Experience in ERM, operational risk management, internal audit, compliance, business process re-engineering/business transformation
- Experience working and implementing key risk frameworks including COSO, ISO, NIST;
- Knowledge of technology tools including Salesforce products, GRC applications and other technologies;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to navigate effectively in a matrixed, global environment including working effectively at all levels in the organization and across the company;
- Possesses a high energy level, intellectual curiosity, innovation mindset and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Proven experience thinking out-of-the-box;
- Superior analytical skills,quantitative and qualitative;
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills;
- Excellent presentation and communication capabilities including the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and understandable points of view; and
- Bachelor's degree and an advanced degree in risk management, finance or a related field.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.