Posted about 2 months ago
This is a unique opportunity to join and build the Enterprise sales team at Postman. We are looking for passionate, energetic, value-centric leader for enterprise and mid-market sales. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth and built early sales teams at Enterprise SaaS companies.
Postman is largest developer communities in the world with 8+ million users and 400,000+ organizations using the Postman in their API lifecycle. While we continue to focus on making the individual developer successful, as organizations and entire industries go API-first we are seeing tremendous demand and opportunity across mid-large enterprises.
Why Postman? First, we have an incredible product that is absolutely LOVED by our users. Second, we have a great core team and we're looking for you to build on it. Third we have an absolutely massive opportunity grow our enterprise business by helping every company in the world transition to API-first development and API-first business models across all functions.
The sales organization at Postman is part of the Customer organization and this position reports to the VP of Customer Success.
- Build out the sales team by recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring reps
- Define, discuss, plan and implement process improvements
- Lead by example in driving a value based sales culture at Postman.
- Directly support a team of Enterprise Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives in meeting and exceeding quota by selling to good-fit customers.
- Participate in customer and prospect meetings and help define a strong business case
- Partner with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams to drive success
- Identify product and technology gaps surface through customer conversations and present a point of view to Product and Leadership teams
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and coach Account Executives on strategies to reach their goals
- Report on sales activity and manage a regular revenue forecast
- Achieve key performance metrics and goals, including an individual quota
- Work with Postman legal counsel to review/negotiate Enterprise Agreements/MSAs as needed
- Work with the Postman security team to shepard Enterprise deals through the security review process
- 7+ years of Sales experience selling Enterprise SaaS Developer Tools
- 4+ years of Sales Management experience managing teams selling Enterprise SaaS Developer Tools
- Solid technical understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and developer tools. Should be comfortable talking developer and technical pain points with VPs of Product Development/QA, CTOs and business leaders of modern technology organizations
- Consistent track record of selling software into large Enterprise accounts and achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to grow business strategically including partnering with product marketing/demand generation
- Must enjoy mentoring and coaching your team, both on value based sales AND funnel/pipeline building to meet targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment, establishing needed processes and tooling
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Experience reviewing Fortune 500 Vendor SaaS Agreements - and familiarity with key sticking points and how to work through them (with legal counsel support).
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor and lead by example
- Excited about building a modern customer-focused sales organization
We are located in the Financial District in downtown San Francisco, right above a BART station. We offer competitive salary, and equity, solid benefits, an informal & fun working environment, and catered lunches.
This position is open for remote candidates in the US. (We are not considering international candidates at this time.)
You will get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, and know that taking on challenge is the only way to accomplish something big.