Posted 10 months ago
Director, Finance Business Partner
Virtual, United States
Job ID: 8759
The Finance Business Partner is a strategic role that provides financial insight and complex analysis of the operating results of the assigned Vertical(s). This role requires a forward-looking individual that will connect financial outcomes to the strategy associated with each of the assigned clients.
- Develops deep knowledge and understanding of assigned clients/Vertical to provide fiscal and organizational advice regarding programs, service offerings and objectives.
- Partners with operational management to formulate client/Vertical budgets and forecasts.
- Partners with Commercial Finance on pricing of new and existing business.
- Effectively communicates with Pontoon Corporate accounting and forecasting to ensure Vertical profit and loss statements are accurate.
- Identifies, creates and applies financial performance metrics to measure the expected profitability/return on sales for assigned clients.
- Leads the creation, running, preparation, and analysis of various reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually or ad hoc basis.
- Utilizes financial management systems, databases and tools, including the development, analysis and distribution of a variety of customized financial reports.
- Recommends and assists with identifying, developing and deploying short- and long-term plans to improve profitability and operating results.
- Partners with management in the execution of process performance assessments, identifies areas of potential enhancements, and implements solutions.
- Stays abreast of leading economic, business and industry trends, analyzes operational impact and produces summarizing reports for management.
- Assists with and supports the administration of the division’s annual operating budget(s), including performing forecasting and financial analysis for key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of financial analysis experience.
- Six Sigma certification: Lean Certification and/or Green Belt preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with Big Four Accounting Firm preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively and accurately gather, interpret, report, and use data and other information in conducting responsibilities.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and adapt to change.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of processes, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Ability to identify existing and new trends as well as evaluate and predict their impact on the organization.
- Knowledge of and the ability to understand and apply General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial analysis principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures, as well as the ability to prepare and monitor budget information.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize automated financial systems and tools, such as Hyperion and Oracle Financials.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.