Posted 9 months ago
Chainalysis is one of the fastest growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world's leading law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they combat fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., and Copenhagen, we are backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital. Our mission is to build trust in blockchains.
At its core, Chainalysis is a "data company." We are ingesting, processing, analyzing and enriching multiple blockchains today with many more to come. With the proliferation of crypto currencies the data volumes are rapidly increasing. As crypto becomes an integral part of the world's economic engine, the need for real-time analytics is increasing as well.
As Director of Data Engineering you will be responsible for developing, operating and scaling the systems that gather, enrich and distribute our core data assets.
At Chainalysis, Engineering Directors are technology, people and business leaders.
This position can sit in NYC or Washington D.C.
- You will care deeply about data quality, availability, latency, and the business impact your data enables.
- Partnering with product and infrastructure leaders, build and deliver a balanced roadmap that includes short and long-term initiatives, and an appropriate management of technical debt.
- Working with tech leads within your team and across the company, own the architecture and technology choices critical to successful delivery. (Included here is driving a build vs. open source vs. buy/partner selection process).
- Recruit and retain a talented global team of engineers and managers (upwards of 30 people).
- Develop and manage a 7+ figure budget.
- You will be a visible leader within the company and regularly communicate with the executive team and company at large, in written and spoken forms.
- 10+ years in technology leadership/management roles; 5+ years director level or above.
- Experience in the following: systems thinking, distributed systems, data pipelines, data modelling, event-based systems, machine learning, public-cloud services, CI/CD.
- Previous experience managing distributed/remote teams.
- Excellent writing skills.
It would be great if you knew something about blockchain and cryptocurrency, but that's not a requirement.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can't wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you'll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.