Posted over 1 year ago
Redox is an engineering-first company, building the future of healthcare information exchange.
We are looking for an experienced and hands on Director of DevOps to lead our Infrastructure and CI/CD teams. In this role, Redox is looking for a hands on leader that can go from developing infrastructure as code to working on a yearly budget to troubleshooting our production platform and anything in between. This position is a leader within the Engineering organization and is expected to help empower our developers to be autonomous in their work. You will drive and influence change.
At Redox, we have a culture of trust, transparency and tireless personal growth. This is a remote work option, based in the US. We only hire US based residents.
Please Apply If You Are...
* Passionate about solving complex problems and doing good
* Enthusiastic about creating an elegant and delightful user experience
* Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn
* A good listener who shows respect to your colleagues
* A believer in asking for forgiveness, not permission
* Comfortable with uncertainty and turning complex problems into actionable plans
Redox is searching for a leader that has had experience scaling DevOps teams alongside rapidly growing application Engineering teams. One of the key responsibilities that you will be responsible for the leadership of two teams of engineers: Infrastructure and CI/CD. This includes developing and leading team meetings, providing real time feedback, executing reviews and building long term plans for each team. Additionally, Redox is looking for a leader that can help solve complex day-to-day technical challenges.
* You have managed and hired for DevOps teams in your past roles
* You have developed budgets and worked with finance teams
* You have demonstrable programming experience in at least one high level language
* You have a firm understanding of agile methodologies and their use cases
* You have worked as a hands on DevOps leader for 5+ years
* You have a solid understanding of networking technology
* You have a great understanding of containerization technologies
* You have an ever better understanding of Linux
* You have scaled both CI/CD and Infrastructure teams in the past
* You have worked with open source projects and comfortable committing code back to an upstream provider
* You have worked with AWS for 5+ years
* You have a strong understanding of security practices and how they relate to DevOps
* Healthcare Experience/Interest
We want to see what you’ve worked on before! Please share your Github profile and show us the stuff you’re proud of!
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of the areas outlined above. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think it could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.