Posted about 1 year ago
GitHub is looking for an experienced director to develop unique physical security solutions for a primarily remote workforce that spans the globe. This is a newly created role and we are looking for someone who can build a professional and empathetic team that will scale with our business.
The impact of this role will be far reaching and will be looked to for thought leadership. Reporting to the Head of Global Workplace Experience, you will develop collaborative relationship with cross-functional partners across the company to mitigate physical security risk across all systems, while delivering world-class client experiences and meeting business objectives.
If you have a demonstrated record in physical security, enjoy the challenges of building operations from scratch, and want to grow a department tasked with solving complex security problems for the world's largest software development platform, we want to hear from you!
- Manage relationships and physical onsite systems, possess technical skills to understand base building integration: physical access controls, fire life safety systems, physical monitoring and surveillance, physical detection, asset protection, countermeasures, etc. Propose capital improvement projects to the Workplace Team.
- Conduct internal and external security trainings across business lines ranging from crisis management, AED/CPR, keycard access, visitor control, camera response, etc.
- Manage budgets, vendors, and consultants. Establish relationships with preferred vendors to develop and review large scale territory contracts to support our services and needs. Ensure compliance, manage multiple vendors for changes in scope of work, ensure contracts are being adhered to, and conduct vendor quality control.
- Oversee event security operations. Develop appropriate security plans and implementation.
- Develop a strategic vision for physical security for remote employees, including travel security and global comms.
- Hire, coach, and grow a diverse team with differing perspectives, ideas, and experiences.
- Promote a culture of distributed leadership, ownership and consistently empower your team.
- Lead roadmap development and workforce planning.
- Bring a highly risk averse mindset to your work and seek to balance that against business constraints and competing priorities & objectives.
- Communicate clearly and in a compelling manner, from C-level to individual contributor, to champion sound and sustainable security practices throughout the entire company.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing both managers and individual contributors in a high growth security operations
- A minimum of 10 years of physical security experience with several years being in a leadership position.
- Project Management skills. You have experience with high profile/high visibility projects.
- Understanding of EP requirements and code of conduct.
- Ability to manage emergencies with level-headedness.
- Working knowledge of market health and safety codes and regulations.
- Experience in business continuity planning and provisioning.
- Crisis and incident management training.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong sense of empathy and the ability to successfully advocate for your team.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.