Posted about 1 year ago
Director of Product Design
San Francisco HQ or Remote
At Webflow, we have two dual missions: to empower everyone to create software without code and create a company where teammates can live fulfilling and impactful lives. As the Director of Product Design, you’ll lead and empower a talented and diverse group of designers to design a world-class product that unlocks the creative power for millions of people.
We’re at an exciting point right now: we’re becoming known as the go-to no-code platform to build bespoke websites and our team is growing rapidly to support the demand and unlock even more opportunity. As the Director of Product Design, you’ll support and evolve our world-class product design team and impact how we design across the company to best serve our customers. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious design leader to shape the future of a design-centric technology company.
Design plays a central role in our company. Two of our co-founders have design backgrounds and since our founding, we’ve strived to cultivate a creative and collaborative environment that allows our Product teams to do their best work. This starts with our first core behavior: start with customers. We focus on solving the most important customer needs while maintaining a high bar for quality. Industry-shifting products like Interactions, CMS, and eCommerce all started by first listening to the needs of our passionate community of designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and marketers. Equally as important is our second mission: designing a company where everyone leads fulfilling and impactful lives.
If you’re excited about growing a world-class product design team, overseeing the design of high-quality products, and fostering a creative culture that encourages more diverse and global viewpoints then you’ll be a great fit!
Note: You’ll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
What you’ll achieve
- Cultivate and evolve a world-class product design team with effective recruiting, strategic management, and team mentorship.
- Coach and provide feedback on your team’s performance to ensure they are delivering high-quality work that meets customer and business needs.
- Define clear career paths that help your team identify opportunities for growth and provide plans for achieving measurable goals.
- Collaborate closely with leaders in other functions (PM and Engineering) to ensure that product teams are working effectively toward the high-level company strategy.
- Work closely with leadership to fulfill the team’s core values, cultivate an inclusive and supportive culture, a clear organizational structure, and established processes.
- Collaborate with your team and other functions (PM and Engineering) to define the vision and strategy for new product initiatives.
- Represent Webflow in and engage with the larger design community by sharing your unique design insights through speaking, writing, tweeting, or any other medium that feels natural to you.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven leadership skills focused on serving others while hiring, developing, and managing designers, design leads, and design managers in a fast-growing environment.
- A body of work that demonstrates high impact and high quality. You know what world-class design looks like and you empower your team to reach it.
- Experience working on a large modern tech product or platform with significant scale. You’re a strong systems and conceptual thinker.
- Demonstrated communication style that is concise, articulate, and capable of inspiring a team.
- Experience setting product design direction, from high-level strategic direction down to UI design details, within a multi-team and cross-discipline environment.
- Ability to influence without authority and proven experience working with Product and Engineering to affect positive outcomes.
- A commitment to cultivating an inclusive team culture that ensures a happy, motivated, diverse, and high-functioning design team.
- A strong growth mindset with a demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change.
- A tendency to dream big and encourage creative risk-taking while protecting the integrity of the brand.