Posted 6 months ago
is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
As the leader of the revenue operation function at Stack Overflow, you'll partner with the executive team both strategically and tactically as you oversee operations for our revenue organization. You will be responsible for maximizing revenue growth through the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of sales strategies, programs, systems/tools, and initiatives. The ideal candidate has worked within a rapidly growing SaaS organization and has a broad spectrum of go-to-market metrics, processes, and tools. In addition, the successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of enterprise selling processes and experience with SaaS sales metrics.
The Director of Revenue Operations will report to Stack Overflow's VP of Finance.What you'll do:
What you'll need to have:
- Lead and build a team while also contributing individually to the business.
- Identify, prioritize, and support the execution of strategic growth initiatives, by working cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, data, and customer success teams.
- Coordinate the revenue forecasting/planning processes used within the revenue organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency across the sales organization's efforts ensuring that all sales order data is clean and accurate by collaborating with finance.
- Work closely with the FP&A team to develop/forecast key metrics and KPI dashboards. Analyze CAC, LTV, payback period and other critical business metrics across the entire funnel.
- Enable sales team with relevant compensation plans aligned with strategic goals.
- Evaluate, develop and maintain cross department infrastructure of internal tools for revenue organization.
- Develops territory assignments/optimization to maximize sales productivity including assessment of the existing business, market size and total addressable market across segments, roles, and industries.
- Supports the equitable assignment of quotas and ensures quotas are allocated optimally to all sales channels and resources by aligning existing and prospective accounts by geography, account type, and market segment, coordinating with all internal stakeholders.
What you'll get in return:
- A bachelor's degree. MBA highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of the SaaS and Adtech business models in a highly entrepreneurial environment required.
- 10+ years' experience, including 3+ in people management, and proven success leading strategic projects in a finance, business operations, revenue or strategy role.
- Ability to keep business leaders aligned around business metrics, gain consensus for new processes or tools, make recommendations and influence at the executive level.
- Proven track record of improving achieving company KPIs and revenue objectives.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and provide insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- Ability to collect and maintain accurate data at a high quality and integrity level.
- Experience with using and implementing tools and technologies to support the company's revenue operations highly preferred (such as SFDC + SFDC ecosystem, Zuora, Looker, Xactly).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Teamwork oriented and highly collaborative.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.