Posted about 2 months ago
Director of Sales
Location: Brooklyn New York United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Chili Piper helps businesses help their buyers.
People interested in your business typically have to wait hours or days after filling out a form. Not anymore. Our intelligent assistant offers them a simple way to book a meeting or start a phone call immediately upon form submission.
Unlike the traditional method of inbound lead management, Chili Piper uses smart rules to qualify and distribute leads to the right reps in real time. Our software also allows companies to automate opportunity distribution from their SDRs to their AEs, and book meetings from their marketing campaigns and live events.
Companies like Square, Twilio, DiscoverOrg, SalesLoft, and SiriusDecisions use Chili Piper to create an amazing experience for their leads, and in return experience higher conversions for their business.
Chili Piper is focused on helping Businesses help their Buyers – building a new category we call Buyer Enablement
What You’ll Do
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement, while creating satisfied and referenceable customer
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Owning and hitting/exceeding annual sales targets
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
- Drive revenue through new customer acquisition, meeting or exceeding all sales targets and performance metrics
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor sales executives to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team
- Develop a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors
- Develop a deep understanding of our product messaging, technology platform, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Cultivate a culture of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Support and assist AEs with all aspects of the sales process
- Identify topics and partner with sales enablement to plan product and competitive training sessions
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Provide new customers a seamless onboarding experience by working closely with the customer success team
- Optimize the sales recruitment and hiring plans and serve to further the capabilities, diversity and impact of the sales teams
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales director
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 6+ years of mid market/enterprise outbound B2B SaaS sales experience with at least 3+ years of management
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance, especially in a startup environment
- Smart, organized, self-motivated, flexible and team player
- Clear and direct communicator
- Experience selling to CMOs or S/VPs of Marketing
- Experience bringing new products to market
- Experience with working in a growing company vs. an established, known Enterprise brand
Freedom and flexibility.Were a 100% distributed team working from around the world.Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all hands meeting on Zoom.
Solve interesting problems.The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
Autonomy and ownership.Working on a distributed team means you dont have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure youre getting things done. Were a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
Be helpful.Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- WeWork membership so you can work from anywhere
- Any equipment/software/tech that you need to do your job