Posted about 1 year ago
Matador Network is looking for a visionary leader to become our next Director of Social Media.
We are Matador.
If National Geographic made a baby with VICE, it would be Matador. Over the last 13 years, we have become the Internet’s #1 digital travel and adventure publisher for millennials and Gen X.
We are rare in the world of digital media companies, in that we are both independent and profitable…and growing fast.
Globally, we inspire 120 million people per month across our platform with our travel article features, city guides, original shows, and documentaries. We are doing as much as we can as fast as we can, building the world’s most exciting travel lifestyle brand for people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. And we want your help!
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Driving growth and strategy across Matador’s social media channels
- Ideating, testing, and measuring new ways to reach millions of people with Matador’s brand and content
- Investigating and developing new sources of high-quality web traffic
- Forging and maintaining close partnerships between the Matador editorial team and other publishers and influencers
- Ensuring consistency of Matador’s brand voice across our O&O channels
- Managing a remote team that includes both social media producers and video editors
You’re really good at:
- Solving problems with creativity
- Distilling lots of information into short sentences
- Taking calculated risks and thinking way outside the box
- Explaining just about anything to just about anyone (bonus points if you can make them laugh while doing it)
- Staying extremely organized in the face of many tasks and priorities; nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- Listening well and being part of a (badass) team of distributed professionals
Location: Remote, North America. New York preferred.
- 3+ years experience working in social media and 1+ year leading a team
- Proven success in growing social reach at a large brand or online publication
- Ability to manage, communicate with, and direct a distributed workforce
- Familiarity with reporting tools and the ability to extract broad trends from detailed performance data
- A deep understanding of Matador’s voice, audience, and brand
- A love for travel, adventure, and people!
- Expert understanding of audience development across different platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and email
- Expert understanding of social and audience targeting, retargeting, and other marketing tools and strategies across social and email
Nuts and bolts:
- Full-time independent contractor
- Remote position (i.e., working from your home office)
- Based in US time zone
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Location: North America