Posted over 1 year ago
We are looking for a full-time Drupal Backend Developer to join our team of talented developers, designers, and strategists. Efforts include working on backend application development of large scale Drupal websites, architecting elegant solutions to client problems using the right mix of community modules and custom modules, developing new custom and community modules, migrating content from legacy CMS systems, and coordinating efforts with a project team.
- Developing for multiple devices and interactions.
- Creating custom modules and plugins, debugging and patching core components, and understanding the source code of the systems you work with.
- Using and helping to develop industry-standard devops workflows and tools.
- Participating in project stand-ups with client and internal teams.
- Performing peer code reviews.
- Designing and developing code architecture that promotes reuse, readability, and best-practice coding standards.
- Understanding the web's infrastructure to create highly-performant and scalable features.
- Passionately keeping pace with rapid innovation in web technologies.
- Working with project management to estimate new project opportunities.
- Working closely with clients on project engagements to deliver exceptional code, consulting and advice.
- Experience and passion developing for Drupal.
- Comfort on the command line.
- Creation of and adherence to best practices.
- Familiarity with a RDBM, preferably MySQL.
- Experience with modern distributed version control systems (such as Git).
- Conversational knowledge of the underlying technologies and protocols on which the modern web is built. (domain models, networking technologies and security models).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Enthusiasm for open-source philosophy and community involvement.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making really cool stuff for the web.
- Comfort with distributed teams and working remotely from both client and team.
- Ability to self-direct as a distributed team-member.
- Desire to engage with the open source community via code contributions, projects, presentations, blog posts, etc.
- Professional, yet personable demeanor. You must be able to represent yourself and Four Kitchens to our clients, other members of your team, and to open-source communities at large.
- Experience with additional modern programming languages (such as Java, Go, or Python).
- Expert Level Database experience (preferably MySQL).
- Linux configuration experience.
- Experience working with large website projects.
- Knowledge of best practices to optimize performance.
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies.
- Previous work on open-source projects and experience adhering to coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree. (Why preferred rather than required? Because we don't believe that college teaches people how to be good at what they do. Experience and passion are more important, and being a constant self-educator is essential.)
About Four Kitchens
- Generous paid time off. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually.
- Paid holidays including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day, and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- 100% remote workforce.
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid option for medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech budget to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our valuesThe Way Of the Web Chefguide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company it's a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we're excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you'll join us!
Include the following materials with your application:
Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why!