Posted over 2 years ago
As an Axelerant Drupal Technical Architect, you would be required to research, scope, estimate and present Drupal solutions for mid to enterprise-grade web sites and applications. You'll also act as a key conduit between our business development team and our technical engineers, both helping sales staff to better position Drupal and Axelerant's services, as well as bringing feedback from customers back into the development of new products and processes.
- Prior experience building, leading and architecting Drupal applications
- Ability to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Ability to perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scoping technical solutions for large-scale Drupal projects
- Experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction with enterprise level clients preferred
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- An understanding of how their function contributes to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Ability to solve problems effectively by gathering insight from employees, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weighs pros and cons of actions; and differentiate when and when not to escalate issues
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build a successful and growing organization
- Experience mentoring and coaching small/mid-sized teams
- Deep experience architecting web solutions.
- PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux or Windows server administration is key
- 6+ years developing Drupal applications
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of or experience with other CMS technologies and/or open-source technologies is a plus
- Long-time Drupalists who are active contributors would be well rewarded, but we'll also help great developers and consultants contribute
- Experience providing technical support or consulting strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to take initiative, and thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
As a global company that puts care into employee happiness, engineering excellence, and customer success, we are in striking contrast to the typical outsourcing option.
We started as an idea in 2005 to build a unique, fully-distributed team with the right set of employee benefits. Today we have engineering career ladders, a staff as stakeholders approach, and a focus on success management. We are a diverse team working remotely across many time zones, with success stories that back up capabilities, and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers. We are the individuals directly challenging what it means to do global delivery differently for employees and partners.
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- An engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave (inclusive of bereavement leave) plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Group health insurance.
- Professional development, certifications, and trainings.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- BYOD assistancewe'll cover 50% of purchase or repair costs up to 50,000 INR.
- Hackathons and community contributions.
- Annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations.
- Referral bonuses.