Posted 8 days ago
Title: Editor II, Architecture & Engineering
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
Editor II ensures the editorial accuracy, consistency, quality, and tone of the PPI Architecture & Engineering products. This role is comprised primarily of editing, proofreading, and content input into Content Management System (CMS). The Editor II will collaborate effectively with project teams and juggle shifting priorities across multiple concurrent projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Editor II performs work at a more advanced and independent level than the Editor I
- Copy edit, proofread, research, and fact-check content to PPI standards, ensuring editorial accuracy, consistency, quality, and tone.
- Format and prepare content for ingestion into XML-based content management system (CMS).
- Correctly ingest content into CMS.
- Accurately interpret markup and enter changes into XML.
- May serve as lead editor on a project to enforce PPI style and ensure editorial accuracy, consistency, quality, and tone.
- Work effectively with project teams, reviewers, authors and subject matter experts to ensure that work is of the highest quality, in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, and readability
- Diplomatically and effectively communicate with project collaborators
- Meet established deadlines
- Provide support for company and departmental goals and priorities, as requested
- Assist with the training of new hires in the editorial department
- BA or BS in math, engineering, or science preferred, equivalent experience
- 3 years of professional copyediting experience on book-length work, preferably in educational, scientific, or technical subjects, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in editing in Word and Acrobat
- Must have experience utilizing editing software
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and thoroughly copy edit and proofread to style on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to modulate depth of edit to scope of work desired
- In-depth knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience in using detailed style guides and creating and maintaining stylesheets
- Ability to accurately interpret, incorporate, and make hard-copy edits
- Ability to juggle competing deadlines and to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately
- Demonstrable working knowledge of print, electronic, and online production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills
- Copywriting ability a plus
- Proficiency in using XML editor, MathType
- Excel skills