Posted about 1 year ago
350.org is looking for a motivated communications specialist to join our EECCA team bring the story of the climate movement to media in EECCA and globally and to support 350 staff and the network in their communications.
350.org is building a global grassroots climate movement that can hold our leaders accountable to the realities of science and the principles of justice — it's a big job, and we're looking for super smart, strategic, driven people to get it done.
That movement is rising from the bottom up all over the world, and is uniting to create the solutions that will ensure a better future for all. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions bring together a global network active in over 188 countries.
At 350.org, you'll work with a team of brilliant, fierce colleagues, tackling one of the greatest issues of our time, in a flexible and collaborative environment. Learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and where we're going.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We're committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the EECCA Communications Coordinator
The role of the EECCA Communications Coordinator is to develop and execute communications strategies for 350.org's regional campaigns, as well as to implement regional communications strategies in alignment with global communications objectives. The Communications Coordinator will use relevant regional media moments to promote narratives and outputs aligned with campaign goals and strategies to raise the voices of local communities that have been affected by climate change, and that are fighting for climate justice.
- At least three (3) years of experience in media relations and communications in region
- Knowledge of the an media landscape and strong media contact networks
- Working knowledge of the current global debates on climate change and climate justice and strong interest in working on these issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, Russian, Ukrainian
- Qualified to a work in Ukraine.
desired, but not required, skills and experiences
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in non-governmental organisation or nonprofit sector
- Experience with data collection and media analysis
- Experience in audience engagement through digital channels
- Professional experience and competency working in an international environment and in multicultural groups
- Experience working and living in multiple countries
- Able to travel internationally on occasion
- Proficiency in Meltwater, CiviCRM, Airtable, Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom or similar systems
- Additional language skills, especially Ukrainian, Russian, English
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others. [Edit as needed, but this is pretty standard]
Position Type: Full time
Although we hope to begin interviews during the week of 1-6 of June 2019, this job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Start Date: As soon as possible
competitive compensation based on experience
Anywhere in the EECCA , this is a remote position
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Hiring Feedback'.