Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Open Innovation Labs (Labs) team is looking for an Engagement Lead to help build the Labs business in Germany. In this role, you will help our customers learn to build software the open source way and adopt the principles behind open organizations. You will use open source principles and apply them to either rapidly building new software or modernizing existing applications, creating tangible business outcomes and high-performing teams. The Labs is a four to twelve week residency-style consulting engagement. Small cross-functional customer teams are matched one to one with Red Hat’s experts to accelerate application development and open culture, which is at the heart of digital transformation. To find out more, you can watch this video or visit the Labs website. You will be the heartbeat of a Labs residency. During a residency our customers learn to build software the open source way and adopt the principles behind open organizations. You will be an experienced coach who has lead transformations and can coach and nurture fledgling product owners and product teams. You will not only serve as the agile coach in our residencies but you’ll also be involved in the wider transformation our customers are going through. As an Engagement Lead, you will support everything from the selling and scoping of Labs residencies and projects to leading the delivery teams’ implementation, ensuring customer success. You will have control over and oversight of a residency throughout the life cycle from kickoff to the successful transition of customer product teams back into their own environment, ensuring that they conform to customer expectations and contractual agreements.
- Support sales, scoping, and business development for the Labs in Germany
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Red Hat!s teams and serve as a trusted advisor to major Red Hat’s customers
- Create efficient, quality proposals and business cases for customers showing how an organization can achieve its business goals by embracing agility and ensure that all needs are defined through analyzing customer environments and expectations
- Persuade and inspire customers to embrace Red Hat’s open approach as a means of transforming not only what they do, but how they do it
- Serve as an agile coach for Labs residencies, including residency planning and management, process management and improvement, team building, and customer mentoring
- Coach residency product teams (agile coaches, product owners, scrum masters, developers, and operations) to embrace agile product development and DevOps practices; identify and resolve impediments and track continuous improvement
- Coach customers on facilitation of organizational changes
- Work with customers on initiatives to support transformations across business teams
- Develop our current thinking through new approaches to change how organizations work and how teams deliver offerings
- Coach the Red Hat Sales and Services teams, especially our project managers, to greater understanding of agile and DevOps practices, supporting sharing the Labs practices across consulting and sales team members
- Understanding of the Red Hat business strategy and economic model; good business insight and judgment
- Demonstrated expertise in sales or supporting the sales of professional services, including developing statements of work (SoWs), pricing, large-scale proposal development, and customer development
- Experience in people management through managing a team, including a successful record in talent development within a team
- Knowledge of project management processes and experience with revenue-based project reporting
- 5+ years of experience working in a high performing agile product team with a coaching mentality with an organization that ships software offerings
- Extensive experience delivering offerings using the agile or kanban methodology
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present to management and C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand the technical impact on offerings from a supportability, scalability, and repeatability aspects, as well as the business impact on both Red Hat and customers in delivering and scoping projects
- Understanding of user-centered design (UCD) and how it applies to customers embarking on transformational journeys
- Understanding of automation, testing, and DevOps practices and how they are key to a sustainable development of offerings
- Willingness to travel weekly to customer locations throughout Germany and be on-site for the duration of a residency; we usually work 4 days on-site and 1 day remote with the readiness to occasionally support the Labs business in the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region
- Experience working in customer-facing positions is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.