Posted over 1 year ago
Retail Zipline is an enterprise retail SaaS company that is used by some of the world's largest retailers, including Nike, LEGO, Lululemon, and Gap Inc. We are pre-series A (at least for a few more months), profitable, and have grown over 300% in the last year.
Our product works and is delivering a lot of value for our customers. Gartner estimated that Old Navy saves nearly $20,000,000 per year by using Zipline. 2019 is going to be a busy year for us, as we're just coming out of quiet mode and telling the world what we've been doing.
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help grow and lead the mostly senior engineering team through this next stage of growth.
You would be taking a large chunk of work off of the co-founder and CTO's plate and become an integral part of our strategy team to focus on scalable, profitable growth.
You would work directly with the co-founders to outline our hiring and engineering strategy. Some sample goals would be:
- define the necessary positions, budget, and timing
- lead the recruiting and evaluation of candidates to maintain our high quality
- review and/or design the architecture decisions that move the product forward, including code review
- use objectives and key results to plan an accomplish goals
- motivate and ensure the team has the support they need to do their best work
- work with our PM to make sure we're committing to what we can deliver
- Experience hiring and managing at least one team of engineers in a fast paced, ideally remote, environment
- Clear, articulate ability to express your thoughts in writing to support asynchronous work
- Multiple years of experience building a high-volume SaaS product, ideally in Ruby on Rails
- Within a time zone that can reasonably connect with a range of employees from California to London