Posted 3 months ago
Engineering Project Manager
In this atypical project management role, you will work side-by-side with Semaphore cofounder and CTO Darko Fabijan on new product development.
Semaphore has never had a dedicated project manager. And yet, we’ve created a developer product used by everyone from SMBs to publicly traded corporations.
It’s time for you to join us so that we can make even bigger things together.
As we move forward, your job will be to make sure that nothing slips through the cracks and that, as a team, we make the best use of our time.
You will attend design and engineering calls, keep track of next steps, track day-to-day execution across projects, detect when things get off track and provide reports as needed.
- Software project management: daily communication with developers, and operational work like planning and providing KPIs.
- Assist product management by managing releases and feature requests.
- Act as liaison with other teams, like Customer Support and Customer Success.
- 5+ years of experience in managing software projects with productive, high functioning teams.
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Experience working remotely.
- Engineering acumen, either through past work or significant project management experience.
- Able to find the right way of communicating with different types of people and get things done in harmony.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion.
- Being able to exercise sound business judgment.
- Practice and apply positivity, empathy, flexibility, adaptability, and focus.
Working at Semaphore:
- The impact of working on a product that’s competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.