Posted 9 months ago
Are you looking make a major impact in a growing, dynamic organization? As a business architect at Atlassian you are accountable for holistically leading and supporting EA activities. These guide business models, people, process, organizational change, and investments in response to disruptive forces and toward achieving targeted outcomes.
Are you passionate about using technology to enable future-state business capabilities, which can enable, optimize, or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive Atlassian's targeted outcomes? Business architects practically apply both emerging and existing technologies to new and evolving business operating models. Conversely, they are able to understand, monetize and operationalize new technologies.
In this role, you develop deliverables that are valuable to the business, including business capabilities, business requirements and workflow.
You facilitate the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners, business analysts, and SME's.
The role focuses on crafting business capability models, strategy, and targeted business outcomes clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing partner questions.
Scope of Activities
- Highlight how digital business initiatives will potentially impact the enterprise's critical financial metrics and economic architectures.
- Support business and technology innovation that drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
- Engage key business partners and IT Senior Leaders to facilitate both strategy and innovation planning.
- Be responsible for the Business Capability Map and models, including the management and governance of business capability definitions.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Planning group to influence investment roadmaps.
- Review the digital strategy and how the organization currently approaches digital innovation.
- Build deliverables that illustrate how to strategically move the business forward.
- Work with enterprise architects and key organizational partners to define a strategic plan for using integrated business architecture as part of the enterprise architecture.
- Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Provide strategic consultation to assigned line-of-business (LOB) customers in defining business functions and structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling and enabling technologies based on business and end-user requirements.
- Partner with and lead business analysts in identifying business process optimization automation opportunities
- Work with Business Process Leads to define standards and tools for business process management (BPM) and standardize input to process automation (i.e., RPA).
- Use business architecture tools and techniques, including strategy on a page, business model canvas, disruptions and trends, balance scorecard, economical modeling, risks and interdependencies, process models, business capability modeling, ecosystems modeling, customer and user profiling, journey maps, and human-centric design.
- Participate in architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
- Consult with business facing projects, and maintain knowledge of their progress
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes. Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned LOB customers.
- Collaborate with business-facing projects and other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform LOB customer management of progress. Conversely, keep technology and service managers aware of key LOB customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; M.B.A. preferred
- 12-15 years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, business analytics, and program management
- Management experience in one or more of the following areas: strategic planning, leadership, business relationship management and business process management
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of operating models (existing, new, emerging and hybrid)
- Knowledge of existing, new and emerging technologies and being able to apply them to new business designs and business models
- In-depth experience with business transformation and process redesign methods
- Knowledge in all aspects of crafting and constructing business processes, functions and organizational structures
- Experience leading multi-disciplined, high-performance work teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to build creative concepts and theories for a variety of projects
- Exhibited skills in leading program management efforts involving the coordination of resources and goals across multiple related projects
- Experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development
- Statistical and information analysis skills (a plus)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.