Posted 10 months ago
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for experienced Solutions Engineers to provide pre- and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base. A Solutions Engineer is responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales and field services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of GitHub Enterprise to prospective customers
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledgebases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continous delivery
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.