Posted about 1 year ago
At Chef, we are creating the worlds leading enterprise automation stack that empowers application developers and infrastructure engineers to deliver world class automation and ship apps faster. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Application and Infrastructure teams inside the Enterprise wildly successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced, start-up like environments.
Are you an excellent storyteller? Do you have a passion for helping others succeed? Chef is looking for a passionate technical evangelist and learning specialist to promote Chef business and technical value in the market and support content creation and learning of best practices for adopting Chef products and solutions.
This role requires a candidate to have an ability to design and develop learning solutions that help others learn highly complex concepts and skills. We are looking for a self starter, who takes pride in helping individuals and companies transform themselves into DevOps success stories. Someone who is not shy and is ready to take the stage at industry events, conferences, or online to promote the value provided by Chef Software. Also required is a deep passion for continuous learning of cutting edge technology and active participation in open source communities.
You will advocate for practices that accelerate customers proficiency with Chef, as well as their understanding of related concepts such as the Enterprise Automation Stack and continuous delivery pipelines.
While Chefs headquarters are located in Seattle, WA this position and the ideal candidate can be located anywhere in North America.
This position will report to the Director of Technical Evangelism and Learning Services and will join the Learn Chef Rally team.
- Evangelize the value of Chef products and solutions online and in person
- Be an advocate for customers and their needs to increase business value
- Analyze the optimal learning progression for Chef customers
- Design and develop online technical training content
- Produce value-focused videos and demos
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and influencers inside Chef and in the community
- Gather feedback from customers on the effectiveness of marketing and learning content
- Innovate the approaches for reaching Chef customers with guidance on best practices
- The travel commitment for this role will be about 25%
- Minimum of five years working as a technical evangelist or a learning professional
- Proven leadership skills with an emphasis on technical subject matter
- Expertise in the development of learning content focused on complex tasks and skills
- Experience developing online learning and content across a variety of mediums (text, video, etc.)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience as an application developer or system administrator
- Familiarity with DevOps, configuration management, release management, test-driven development, information security standards, and the container ecosystem
- Experience with dynamic programming languages, such as Ruby An ability to collaborate effectively across functions and organizations
- Understanding of Chef Infra, Chef InSpec, and Chef Habitat
- Current involvement in the Chef community is a bonus
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.