Posted 10 months ago
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant to support the EVP of the Industry Solutions and Business Development group. This is a busy role where each day can bring a new set of objectives, priorities and demands. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is able to exercise discretion, good judgment and initiative. The successful candidate will work at all levels in the organization, interfacing regularly with management and with external constituencies on a broad variety of issues. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and be able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
What you bring to the team
- Extensive scheduling and calendar management which includes prioritizing in a constant state of change while maintaining attention to detail
- Manages time, paper, phones, remote conferencing, and electronic communications effectively
- May design general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Help with typing/formatting PowerPoint presentations
- Arranges travel, transportation and hotel accommodations for executives
- Processes expense reports for approval
- Demonstrating independent judgment and strong problem-solving skills as they apply to situations in the job
- Contact customers to coordinate meetings and send out email communications
- Handle logistics for company and sales meetings
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive administrative assistant in a hi-tech company with direct experience supporting a Sales organization
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy in high pressure and demanding situations
- Flexible work hours to support global team
- Dynamic, outgoing personality along with a very positive attitude and desire to provide excellent support
- Ability to interface well with all departments at all levels both internally and externally, and represent the executives and company in a highly professional manner
- Ability to work with the appropriate sense of urgency and have a drive for results
- Highly self-motivated, persistent, dependable and independent
- Ability to shift priorities as required to meet and exceed expectations. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing individuals, tasks and demands
- Consistently available during core hours and from time to time on-call off hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, project management, organization, prioritization and follow-up skills required
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!