Posted 11 months ago
Job Title: Executive Administrator
Location: Office based, Austin TX
General Working hours: 8am to 5pm / 9am to 6pm
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, "the world's best free software platform". Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
As Executive Administrator, you will support the Executive Assistants and deliver proactive, reliable, consistent and efficient support function. Duties will range from administrative support, managing logistical arrangements and establishing, maintaining and improving processes, through to coordinating team meetings and events and providing effective project management support. You will work to keep those you support focused by anticipating and solving operational and administrative issues before they arise and become problematic.
Required Skills and Experience
- Assisting the Executive Assistants in providing support to Executives and their teams: complex diary management across multiple time zones, assisting with global travel arrangements, acting as a liaison with other senior directors, submitting and approving expense claims, general administrative tasks such as producing presentations, spreadsheets, emails etc .
- Assisting the Executive Assistants with managing logistical arrangements for regular internal meetings held around the world: assisting with travel and accommodation, meeting scheduling, liaising with attendees and occasionally travelling with the team to provide on-the-ground support and ensure events run smoothly.
- Undertaking specific projects as required to support the operations of the business as a whole.
- Supporting the HR team in arranging interviews for potential candidates for assigned Executives.
- Screening enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
- 5+ years experience providing a high standard of operational and administrative support, including at an executive level.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written in English, and an ability to meet people at their level of experience and understanding
- Project and events management experience
- Willing to travel on behalf of the Company and take part in Company related trips
- Excellent IT skills including email, internet, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, sites and wikis
- Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong reactive skills and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- A natural forward planner and able to critically assess own performance
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Keen to assume responsibility and accountability
- A team player