Posted 2 months ago
At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system and hiring for an Executive Editor who has experience writing and editing substantive, policy-related articles on complex topics (such as immigration!). You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an analytical, data-driven writer and editor with SEO experience who is comfortable managing writers and has a track record of growing and owning an editorially driven content strategy.
In this role, during your first month you will:
- Analyze our current blog content and consumption patterns to understand how customers are engaging with it currently, what their needs are, and where the opportunities lie
- Talk to writers, content creators, and other internal stakeholders to understand our goals and how to work together to improve the customer experience
- Edit copy for spelling, grammar, flow, style and factual accuracy
Within three months, you will:
- Develop and execute a blog strategy that advances Boundless’ position as a thought leader in the immigration space while reaching new audiences
- Assign, edit, and occasionally write SEO-driven immigration content, such as educational guides, blog posts, and guest contributions to external outlets
- Develop and oversee content production process, including but not limited to planning the editorial calendar, assigning ideas, managing submissions, conceptualizing and selecting artwork, and CMS authoring
- Partner with internal owners of our email marketing and lead magnet strategies to develop and cross-promote content, and drive email and phone leads
- Source, train, and manage freelance writers
- Interpret analytics insights to identify new content opportunities and weak spots
Within a year, you will:
- Head up a team comprised of a data analyst, graphic designer, and writers to produce compelling, data-driven immigration reports on a regular basis.
- Pilot multiple experiments around how to improve customer engagement and retention with blog content
- Develop and deploy customer insight surveys on the blog to better understand our customers and their needs
We’re a growing team of writers, editors, and content strategists looking to empower families to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly, and affordably. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an experienced, strategic editor with strong fact-checking skills and attention to detail, as well as experience using WordPress (or a similar CMS) and analytical tools such as HEAP or Google Analytics. Candidates with experience writing about the immigration system are especially welcome.
This is a full-time role based in Seattle, but remote candidates will also be considered.