Posted over 1 year ago
You value code quality, scalability, and reliability. You are not beholden to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead, you believe that a true craftsman always chooses the right tool for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team with other developers and can communicate complex ideas with ease. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies but would never neglect the fundamentals. You don’t have an over-sized ego.
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider with headquarters Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
This position is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Dealer Inspire platform, specifically forward-facing features and functionality. The Feature Developer creates new features or refactors existing tools. This role requires expert knowledge of the Dealer Inspire platform and associated DI Plugins and third-party plugins. Feature Developers must be knowledgeable of available tools and resources and know where to implement custom solutions. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
* 2+ years of development experience using a variety of technologies.
* Strong command of HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP.
* Familiarity and experience with Git/Mercurial.
* Understanding of WordPress and experience building WordPress themes.
* Experience building WordPress plugins.
* Familiarity with frontend frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
* Expertise in building and testing responsive sites.
* Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers.
* Fast learner & interested in new technologies.
* The ability to remain cool under pressure.
Nice to have:
* Experience with SASS/SCSS.
* Experience with automated testing.
* Experience with Node.
* Experience with JS frameworks like Vue.
* Experience with build tools like Grunt or Gulp.
* Any design experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
Responsibilities May Include:
* Development work on our Award-Winning, WordPress based platform.
* Working with our development team, systems team, and designers to fulfill support requests or bug reports from clients.
* Maintaining current WordPress plugins and building them to support new or existing platform features.
* Building custom functionality on client sites.
* Working with internal and external APIs to build dynamic services.
* Supporting the development team by providing knowledge and training resources.
* Contributing to or supporting internal tools utilized by the development teams.
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
* Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
* 401k plan with company match
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
* Life and Disability Insurance
* Subsidized gym membership
* Subsidized internet access for your home
* Peer to Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.